Can anyone give me a bit of help?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Can anyone give me a bit of help?

Postby ttp » July 20th, 2006, 11:20 pm

I'm new to this hypnosis thing, so I thought I'd start off fairly simply. Just with TrainSusceptable, which I listened to every evening for a week or so. I got the feeling it was working, at least in the way that I felt my body had gone to sleep, but my mind hadn't (this is a trance right? Or am I only halfway there?) So, I tried VisualizeHelp for a few days, and I found it fairly easy to 'see' the things I was told to, but I didn't get the feeling that I was actually experiencing anything. For example, I could see myself holding a ball in my hand, but my mind knew it wasn't real. I could imagine everything happening, but it definitly was not a hallucination of any kind. Will this just come with practice? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ttp

Postby whatthe75 » July 21st, 2006, 12:54 am

Sounds like your doing fine to me. You should be able to try other files , see what happens. Maybe try the trig freeze thats normally a good easy one to start with. If it works then go from there. You seem to be patient which is a good thing with hypnosis.Have fun.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Re: Can anyone give me a bit of help?

Postby GrimIronMan » July 21st, 2006, 4:57 pm

ttp wrote:I'm new to this hypnosis thing, so I thought I'd start off fairly simply. Just with TrainSusceptable, which I listened to every evening for a week or so. I got the feeling it was working, at least in the way that I felt my body had gone to sleep, but my mind hadn't (this is a trance right? Or am I only halfway there?) So, I tried VisualizeHelp for a few days, and I found it fairly easy to 'see' the things I was told to, but I didn't get the feeling that I was actually experiencing anything. For example, I could see myself holding a ball in my hand, but my mind knew it wasn't real. I could imagine everything happening, but it definitly was not a hallucination of any kind. Will this just come with practice? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Your question about trancing is hard to answer. The best way to put it is that, yes, you are in a trance, but it could be improved on. Try not to let your mind wonder. As for VisualizeHelp, yes, this should come with practice. Moving on to suggestions and tips, try files that are...well...simpler. Try training your mind with files like TrainSusceptible and similar files, then move on to others. As whatthe said, try TrigFreeze if you can spend the ten minutes, and also be patient. Hypnosis doesn't jump on you unless you are trained for it to or you are really susceptible to suggestions.
GrimIronMan
Regular
Regular

Postby maksio5 » July 29th, 2006, 3:08 am

not wanting to flood the forum, I guess it's good topic to post in.

Well I'm new to the thing as well and of course have few questions. As for now just wanted to ask if the position you are listening to the files makes difference.
Second thing is that lately I find myself falling asleep when listening to the files, well or at last thats how it looks like. Is that a good or bad thing?
maksio5
Regular
Regular

Postby willingsub » July 29th, 2006, 4:00 am

Do you wake up when the file tells you to? If so, you're probably not asleep, but in a deep enough trance to not consciously remember trancing or accepting suggestions. As I understand it, that is a good thing.

What kind of files are you listening to? If you're listening to a trigger file, you could always try the trigger, see if it works. If it does, you can be certain you've been trancing.

Oh, and I always try to lie down when listening. That way I can really relax deeply, so I don't get distracted by my body. I guess a good reclining chair with head support would also work, but I don't have one.
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Postby maksio5 » July 29th, 2006, 9:58 am

well when I wake up the file is already finished and I think that mp3 player am using is usually off as well (idle off, 2 mins).

And yeah I forgot, does using headphones make any complications?
maksio5
Regular
Regular

Postby willingsub » July 29th, 2006, 12:43 pm

maksio5 wrote:well when I wake up the file is already finished and I think that mp3 player am using is usually off as well (idle off, 2 mins).

And yeah I forgot, does using headphones make any complications?

It sounds like you are really asleep, not just trancing deeply. I don't really know what to do about that, maybe someone else here does.

I actually prefer using headphones. They filter some of the outside noise, and they make sure you can't get 'caught', both of which make it easier to really relax. I think many people use headphones when listening to the files on this site.
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Postby Jacara » July 29th, 2006, 5:56 pm

If you're going to sleep (so that you don't wake up when the file tells you to) then listen when you're well-rested :P

I use headphones too and prefer them. Like willingsub said, they block external distractions and keep the recordings private, that's a good thing. Plus they're a must if you listen to binaurals with your files.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files