Can anyone accurately explain what Trance is?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Can anyone accurately explain what Trance is?

Postby FDP » September 20th, 2006, 1:02 pm

As in... when I listen to a file such as Cure Insomnia, I will relax during the induction included with the file, and recently, I've been having holes in my memory. Am I falling asleep, or am I actually achieving Trance? How will I know when I am in Trance, or am I knowing that I'm in it when I have no idea what is going on?

Any help on this would be appreciated.
FDP
Regular
Regular

Postby Blackjaz » September 20th, 2006, 2:45 pm

I alway ask my self this and I need to know to. Also I think that
I want into Trance Because I woke up at the end of A file. :?:
Blackjaz
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » September 20th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Do you wake up at the end of the wakening portion of the file(s) you listen to? If so, you were probably in a trance. If you find yourself waking up long after the file is over- you were probably sleeping.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby FDP » September 20th, 2006, 10:56 pm

Jack wrote:Do you wake up at the end of the wakening portion of the file(s) you listen to? If so, you were probably in a trance. If you find yourself waking up long after the file is over- you were probably sleeping.

I'll check on that. It doesn't seem that I'm waking up very long after it ends at all, but I am waking up in silence. So, I'll time it next time, and we'll see, hmm?
FDP
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » September 21st, 2006, 12:13 pm

Here are some possible indications of trance:
You are unable to remember all of the file, that you have just listened to - and yet you wake up when the file ends and you are told to wake up.
While in trance you might feel a tingle or some kind of funny feeling in your scalp. It freaked me out to begin with - until I discovered that it was every time I started going deeper.
You lie completely still while trancing - as opposed to sleep, where you shift your position constantly. Your breathing goes WAY down and becomes very light and very shallow.
Finally - the suggestions in the file work :-)

I think all these are indications of a medium trance, actually. Because we all go into light trances constantly during the day while performing our work, driving cars, reading books, watching movies etc. But we don't notice doing so. It's an automatic switch that will occur when called for. Trance is a perfectly normal state of mind for humans. We wouldn't be humans if we weren't able to go into an automatic trance when we needed to.

So light trance is really very undramatic and something everybody can achieve. With medium trance or the deeper trances, which are generally brough on by deliberate hypnosis it's a whole different ballgame. Not everybody will be able to go into a medium trance, but still most people can. Only a small percentage of people (10 % I would guess) are able to obtain the Deep trance.

But you do not need a deep trance to achieve results with hypnosis. Usually only a light trance is needed for hypnotherapy. Light trance yields excellent results in this field, I am told.

For the really challenging files her on this site - files that deal with visual, kinesthetic or other forms of halucination however, you would have to have a deep trance for these to work.

But practice makes perfect. Everybody can improve their ability to trance with practice. But not everybody can go equally deep. Some have it, and some just don't.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby FDP » September 21st, 2006, 7:01 pm

I've noticed 2 things that, well they don't freak me out, but seem strange to me.

I sometimes get dizzy, even while laying down, not moving, and having my eyes closed, while trying to get into Trance.

Then, it seems that sometimes I "wake up" from trance a little early, because I start listening and hearing the script again, then I'll blank out, and hear a part that I know is a little later. So, am I trancing then losing it and going back into it?

*massively edited, it's a whole new post now.
Last edited by FDP on September 21st, 2006, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FDP
Regular
Regular

Postby aj » September 21st, 2006, 7:14 pm

I know it's individual for each person. But how much practise :). I've been at it for about a month an still have not obtained any results except with the induction where you can't move your limbs. That works extremely well. The file I've used a lot is instant wetting but yeah, not even a bit of pressure.

I'm a just a little impatient? How much practise do most people here put in?
aj
Regular
Regular

Postby Capt » September 21st, 2006, 9:14 pm

It may have been coincidental (though I'm thinking not.) I used Subliminal Blaster and a custom script I wrote to reinforce going into a trance, and I had my first big success the night of the day that I tried it. So personally I think I tipped the balance enough at that point to progress. Although, there's no way to say that I wouldn't have accomplished it that night regardless.

Anyhow, its something you might want to try if you feel that just using the files here isn't working well enough for you.

Keep it short, simple, and positive.

"I Go Into Trance Deeply"
"I Enjoy Going Into Trances."
"I Relax Easily."
"EMG's Voice Relaxes Me."
etc.
Capt
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files