help! cannot seem to pay attention while in trance

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

help! cannot seem to pay attention while in trance

Postby b3d_sage » October 6th, 2006, 8:33 pm

I have been experiencing a major roadblock here. I (think that I) am in a state of deep trance BUT I cannot seem to pay attention to the speaker. When I'm in trance it feels like my brain exists in just a pitch black box with no body and only ears to hear with. Yet, no matter how hard I try, I cannot help but to keep getting distracted and start thinking about other things without realizing that I have forgotten to listen to the voice. Eventually I come back to the voice, but then it dosn't take long for me to get distracted again.

I seem to be fully mentally alert when "in trance", because I keep forgetting to add an awakening to my playlist, and I have to wake myself up (using the same method that the files use, slowly counting myself up and with each number I feel more of my body and environment).

I have found that binaurals do seem to work better, and sometimes when I am listening to them there are gaps in my memory as though I had fallen asleep for a few moments while in trance, and awoken back into my tranced state.

Anyone encountered this problem before or have some helpful suggestions?
b3d_sage

Postby Jack » October 6th, 2006, 10:13 pm

First things first: You can remember to add the wakener from now on before you start listening. This should cut down, at least somewhat, on your "problem".

What you're describing sounds to me like an altered state. That is of course if you don't spend a bunch of your time in that state.

For some people it doesn't matter if you focus on the voice or not. Your unconscious will hear the words, and respond to them anyway.

What's important is that you get the desired outcome(s) that you are going for. My suggestion is that you keep a journal so that you can remember more easily what progress you've made since you started with something, and what seems to work or not work for you. Also, want it to happen, and let it happen.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files