Very quick question.

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Very quick question.

Postby A-J » October 31st, 2006, 11:55 am

Does it matter what time of the day I try to trance?
Should I be trying it before going to sleep (as I have been doing.)?

I am going to listen to the CurseLucidDreams2 file, but to begin with I'm using Induction, Deepning, and Deepning2 (EMG), and two by Cardigan, one containing a trigger to trance (I can't remember the name of these).

I want to master going into trance first (Although I haven't yet).
A-J

Postby Slipstream » October 31st, 2006, 1:45 pm

If you're doing it right before bed, you might run the risk of falling asleep instead of actually going into trance. The easiest way to check is to see if you wake up after the awakening file, or whether you just drift off and wake up your normal time the following morning. If the former, you're trancing, but with the latter you're probably just nodding off during the induction.

I'm not sure how much effect files have when you're in actual sleep, or what kind of file to use (normal, binaural, subliminal) but you should be getting some benefit from it no matter what. Probably the best thing is to practice trancing during the day, then when you've got that down, start trancing before you sleep so that you're less likely to drift off until the files have ended.
Slipstream

Postby missypuss » October 31st, 2006, 5:03 pm

Personally my favourite time of the day for trancing is just before bed time.

I make sure Im not tired enough for bed yet, but that the things which have my attention during the day are not on my mind , because Im preparing for ending my day.

Its the best time for me anyway.
No distractions.
No dishes to do.
Phones to answer.
Chores to complete.
Just a few free moments before I prepare for bed, to relax and enjoy the time Im setting aside for my trance.

I rarely if ever fall asleep during a "session" as I know that I will do this after I have listened to my file.

I think its the best time of day.
I find trying to trance when I know I have other things on my mind to do after, does not aid me in my relaxation. But thats just this gals opinion. :wink:
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby A-J » October 31st, 2006, 5:20 pm

Cheers guys,

I have tried both before bed time and during the day.

If do feel totally relaxed and feel like I don't want to move, but I still feel fully concious.

I'm not complaining though, I'm new to this and understand it will take practice.

8)
A-J

Am I in a Trance or Merely Sleeping?

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » November 12th, 2006, 5:10 pm

Slipstream wrote:The easiest way to check is to see if you wake up after the awakening file, or whether you just drift off and wake up your normal time the following morning. If the former, you're trancing, but with the latter you're probably just nodding off during the induction.

Excellent write-up, Slipstream!

Your response ("how to verify") gives an answer that's definitive and fits my circumstances. The good news made my day today.

Thanks!
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files