Dealing with itches?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Dealing with itches?

Postby fickleGuy » October 31st, 2006, 8:50 pm

Hey,
Anyone have any advice on how to deal with itches? I often get a really bad one in my ear or on my forehead durring sessions and it ruined my trance :( . Thanks in advance for any advice!
fickleGuy

Postby boomsmee » October 31st, 2006, 10:13 pm

When i get an itch, I concentrate on ignoring it, and it goes away in a few seconds. (sorry if this sounds confusing, this was as accurate as i can describe it)
boomsmee
Mentor
Mentor

Postby fickleGuy » October 31st, 2006, 11:25 pm

When I concentrate though, it seems to only get worse.
fickleGuy

Postby cardigan » November 1st, 2006, 1:23 am

I can usually stop an itch by giving myself direct suggestions about the itch going away. One should remember to use direct language - no negations. Example: say "The itch I feel on my ear is going away now. Starting to go away now. Getting less and less. The itch is almost gone." If that doesn't help, I come out of trance, scratch the itch and then go back into trance, but this is rarely necessary.

Don't say: "I have no itch. There isn't an itch on my ear. I can't feel the itch." All these sentences will actually be interpreted by the subconscious to mean the opposite of what was intended, because the subconscious does not understand negations - so it just ignores them!
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files