What Are These?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

What Are These?

Postby Lxndr » December 18th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Body/Subliminal/Binaural/Script

Under 'additional types'. Subliminal is the most obvious - but how does it manifest in a file? How about Binaural?

And what are 'Body' and 'Script?

Are there any files on WMM that give you these which are NOT premium, so I can examine a sample of what each might be?
Lxndr

Postby ShadowSabre » December 18th, 2006, 11:29 pm

Unfortunately, all the "special" files are premium. However, it's easy enough to do your own special files in any sound editor, like the free and open-source [url=http://audacity.sourceforge.net]Audacity[/url], if you'd like a sample. I'll explain how to do so below.

Bodies are just the main part of a file-- no induction, no wake-up. They're most useful if you have several files you want to listen to in a row, since you then wouldn't have to go in and out of trance several times in a session. Making a body yourself is simple- just chop off the beginning and end of the file. Simple, if a little tedious if done en masse.

Binaural files have a stereo track (that is, one where the left and right ear hear a different sound) where one track is pitched a fraction of a step higher or lower than the other, so the sound seems to... wobble, I guess. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats]Wikipedia[/url] has an article with more information and examples, but in a nutshell the theory is that a binaural that sounds at the right frequency alters brainwaves, which heightens the trance state if the correct rate is used. There are two main types of binaural files. One puts a binaural tone behind the dialogue, and the other (which I personally prefer) makes the voice itself binaural. These are easy to do once you figure out how, but probably the hardest of the three mp3 alterations.

Subliminals pair the voice with another looping sound, like a musical tone, a sound effect like rushing water, or even music, and do not put the listener into trance. The idea is that the concious mind won't hear /understand the suggestions, leaving the subconsious mind free to follow the instructions. They don't work for me as far as I can tell, but they're also very easy to do yourself once you find a suitable cover sound. In fact, if you bring up a hypnosis MP3 in one software player and another sound in another and adjust the volumes right, you can do subliminals on the fly.

Scripts are the most tedious of the special files to make, but useful. They're just a text transcription of the file, good for either previewing or for using with a text reader.

Anyway, if you make a special file that hasn't been made, you get free access to the other premium files for a limited time, if you wish to try your hand at it. :)[/url]
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files