Is being interrupted dangerous?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Is being interrupted dangerous?

Postby warpadice » April 4th, 2007, 2:01 pm

The FAQ says that the worst thing that will happen is nothing. However, when listening to CurseLucidDreams2 for the fourth time the second day (with no success the first night) some naive friend thought that he could dance around my immobile body, show me middlefingers and stuff; as long as he didn't touch me or speak to me. The floor vibrated, of course, and partially woke me up from trance in middle of the file. I managed to wave him away with my left hand and (I think) slip back to a trance-like state, but after the session I felt a little ache in the muscles near my stomach. But are there/can there be any negative consequences in the mind for being interrupted like this?
warpadice

Re: Is being interrupted dangerous?

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » April 4th, 2007, 3:15 pm

I believe the strongest response your subconscious mind can produce is panic. In the brief moments of panic, your subconscious causes the production of adrenaline and the fight/flight instinct overwhelms your conscious mind.

You asked if there are (can be) negative consequences for being interrupted from trance. It's about the same as being interrupted from sleep. If you're startled out of a deep trance, your subconscious might produce a panic response. It's unlikely that a panic response will hurt you. But what you do to your naive friend while in panic-mode... that's another story :roll:
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » April 4th, 2007, 11:59 pm

No dangers at all.

Though i seriously recommend giving your flat mate a good twat round the head with a wet fish.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby warpadice » April 8th, 2007, 4:32 pm

What a relief. Thanks.
warpadice

Postby cardigan » April 9th, 2007, 11:00 am

Try to choose your friends better. Or tell them to get lost while you practise hypnosis.

Being interrupted during trance is not dangerous, but can give you a headache or other physical discomforts. AND the effect of the file (the intended effect) usually is not achieved.

My advice is, that you only go into trance at times, when you are a. a little tired already b. know that you are "safe" from being interrupted. One needs to have a sense of security when trying to go into a trance. If you are expecting an important call - for instance, you will find that going into trance can be virtually impossible.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files