Triggering yourself?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Triggering yourself?

Postby Jane_the_Bane » July 24th, 2008, 9:54 am

Is it more difficult to trigger yourself than to be triggered by somebody else?
It certainly seems like it to me, as I've found that "email slave" works perfectly for me - as long as somebody else writes the mail. Even "cheating" (that is, writing only to my subconscious with "MUST DO") doesn't work at all. Well, I guess I'll just have to familiarize my SO with all the relevant trigger phrases, then...
Jane_the_Bane

Postby Flow123 » July 24th, 2008, 10:33 am

I don't think you are supposed to be able to trig yourself with email slave...
Flow123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jane_the_Bane » July 24th, 2008, 12:02 pm

Flow123 wrote:I don't think you are supposed to be able to trig yourself with email slave...

*shrugs*
Maybe, but the fact remains that other files that are *definitely* supposed to be self-triggerable don't show much of an effect, whereas email slave works perfectly.
Jane_the_Bane

Postby loony28 » July 25th, 2008, 1:58 pm

From my understanding of it email slave is not a self triggerable file. The email has to be sent from someone else.
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby Jane_the_Bane » July 25th, 2008, 2:42 pm

loony28 wrote:From my understanding of it email slave is not a self triggerable file. The email has to be sent from someone else.

Yes, I know. It's just that files that *are* supposed to be self-triggerable don't seem to have much of an effect on me, either, whereas "email slave" worked almost immediately.
My attempt at triggering myself via email was just an experiment, really.
Jane_the_Bane

Postby lettuce » July 25th, 2008, 8:32 pm

People have made e-mail slave work by sending themselves an e-mail. I guess EMG doesn't specify in the file if you can use it on yourself, so whether or not you can will depend on what you think when you start using it. So it would probably be easier to speculate on the exact reason if we had some examples from files you know can be both triggered by yourself and others, to see if triggers really work better when simply spoken by others. It could also be, if you're a little submissive, that it's easier to program you to stuff where you are giving up a bit of your own will, by allowing others to trigger you.
lettuce
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files