can"t save as an mp3?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

can"t save as an mp3?

Postby dino1962 » October 7th, 2008, 10:51 am

Help
I can't save the files as mp3. It will only give me a title for the file as module and the type as document. Can someone help me?

thank you
dino1962

Re: can"t save as an mp3?

Postby EMG » October 7th, 2008, 11:27 am

Which web browser are you using? Some have occasional problems with the filenames. Beyond that, make certain that you don't right click and choose save target as, that won't work, just click on the file and it will download on it's own.

dino1962 wrote:Help
I can't save the files as mp3. It will only give me a title for the file as module and the type as document. Can someone help me?

thank you
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dino1962 » October 7th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Internet explorer
dino1962

Postby dharden » October 7th, 2008, 8:24 pm

Try this, Dino. Open the Control Panel, click on Folder Options, and select the File Types tab. Scroll down until you see MP3. Select that, then click the button that says Advanced.

Once you've done that, look for a checkbox that says "Confirm open after download". Check that box, then click OK. Once you've done that, IE should give you the open-or-save dialog when you click on a link to an MP3 file.

Right-clicking and selecting "Save target as..." won' t work with any browser because the immediate target is the module that fetches the file, not the file itself. So, if you want to save the files, you need to set your browser so that it'll ask if you want to save MP3 files. I'm fairly certain that what I said above is how to do that with IE, but am not 100 percent sure, as I don't use IE.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files