Interesting counting technique

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Interesting counting technique

Postby Teknogeek » July 15th, 2009, 12:26 pm

this might be old news but I thought I'd share it with other people who might be having trouble.
In order to distract my conscious mind, I count out 5 breaths, in and out. Then I count every other heartbeat, 10 more counts, continuing the pattern up to 100, then starting back at 1. I find that it's simple enough to grasp and remember, but complicated enough to distract you plenty.
All feedback will be appreciated.
Teknogeek

Postby carsh » July 15th, 2009, 1:56 pm

It can help. I do it sometimes but often my mind wonder and I forget to count. 8)
carsh
Regular
Regular

Postby MacGyver » July 15th, 2009, 1:59 pm

well, like my inductions, i get the subject counting in their head to help distract them, but if a person does not wish to count breathes, they could always count the way i do in my head, which helps me with trance, and that is, i count how many seconds i take air in, how many seconds i hold the breathe and how many seconds it takes to let the air out of my lunhg, this may help others as well, especially those who are analytical like myself.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby Jeshi » July 16th, 2009, 11:10 pm

carsh wrote:It can help. I do it sometimes but often my mind wonder and I forget to count. 8)

That means it worked :D
If your mind wandered and you forget what you were doing while you were doing it then you probably fell into trance.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby carsh » July 17th, 2009, 6:37 am

Jeshi wrote:

That means it worked :D
If your mind wandered and you forget what you were doing while you were doing it then you probably fell into trance.

yep 8)
carsh
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files