Sick

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Sick

Postby sbc1924 » October 2nd, 2009, 10:12 pm

I'm a beginner, still training with simple stuff like lucid dreams and bubble induction. However, I recently caught a very bad cold, leaving my limbs feeling loose and my head feeling foggy. Should I keep training with hypnosis, or stop until my cold has gotten better?
sbc1924

Postby Starmaster » October 2nd, 2009, 11:06 pm

Well, I'm no expert, so others may give better advice, but I do study the connection between the mind and health, and my opinion is that you should probably stop with most training while sick since your body and mind's resources are being devoted to getting better, and you don't want to take away from that. That being said, I think that there certainly could be some good done by certain techniques for relaxation and perhaps even visualization that may actually help with the healing process. I can imagine a file specifically written to help healing, but I don't know if such a thing exists. I do know that a good attitude and positive thinking can help a lot, so that is why I think such a file could help. Also, many illnesses are due to stress, or worry over some issue, weakening your immune system, so some stress reduction techniques may help as well. You may even be able to get a hypnotist on the site here to help you with any worries you may have (conscious or unconscious), which could be helpful too. But since I'm new here myself I am not immediately aware of what files or people are available to help with this, so perhaps others can answer that part.
Starmaster
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » October 3rd, 2009, 2:09 am

There is no harm in listening while ill, but you also aren't as likely to get results. Hypnosis involves a dialog with the mind, and if your mind is foggy it won't work as well.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Help with Files