Deep trance, what's it like?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Deep trance, what's it like?

Postby Goezgoez1010 » July 12th, 2005, 10:44 am

Okay, I've been listening to some of the files, quite frequently now. The problem I'm having is I can't get into a deep trance. I can get into a trance where the hypnosis works, but I know there's a deeper stage of consciousness (According to the Adultwishes FAQ) where the speaker can get you to hallucinate.

I guess my question is, has anyone actually been there with an online file?
Goezgoez1010

Re: Deep trance, what's it like?

Postby Jack » July 12th, 2005, 9:03 pm

You can hallucinate images, sounds, or feelings as you read this post. For example, I bet you know the color of your mothers eyes. I also bet that you can remember the way she speaks to you when you do something she considers against the rules. Not only that, but I bet you can remember how good it feels when she gives you one of those comforting hugs. How's that for a "deeper stage of consciousness where the speaker can get you to hallucinate"?

I'll let you in on a little secret. You(and I do mean you) only need to go as deep as you need to go to do something. The reverse is also true. Some people can experience any trance phenomenon at any level of consciousness. Others can only experience certain phenomenon at certain levels of consciousness.

When you read this, I don't mean to imply that you fall into the first category.

To answer your question.. Yes.

Goezgoez1010 wrote:Okay, I've been listening to some of the files, quite frequently now. The problem I'm having is I can't get into a deep trance. I can get into a trance where the hypnosis works, but I know there's a deeper stage of consciousness (According to the Adultwishes FAQ) where the speaker can get you to hallucinate.

I guess my question is, has anyone actually been there with an online file?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Ivorywolf » July 19th, 2005, 2:47 am

You know that you're deep enough when you don't want to move. You know yopu CAN if you really need to, but you just don't want to.
Ivorywolf

Postby cardigan » July 19th, 2005, 3:45 am

No two people will experience trance in exactly the same way. And when dealing with standardized mp3-files for self hypnosis, there is no guarantee whatsoever that one can get deep enough to experience visual halucinations this way. A better way would be to have a personal hypnotist handy, but I know that this can be virutally impossible. And even with such an entity there is no guarantee. People are not equally susceptible. But as one of the other posters have pointed out: halucinations are many things. They range from a memory that you can recall in your mind, a sound or melody that puts you in a special mood and to the "full Monty", where you halucinate being of the opposite sex and/or looking completely different from you normal self.

So when listening to files concerning for instance sex-change, then som listeners will be able to see themselves as changed when they look in the mirror, while others will have more of a feeling, that they have changed. This may involve feeling that they have developed breasts or feeling that they have a changed attitude in some way (for instance feeling more feminine). The ability to halucinate has much to do with which representational system one belongs to (a basic NLP thing).

And then finally - your ability to halucinate might (or might not) be improved with practice.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files