Am i deep enough?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Am i deep enough?

Postby Jadit » November 29th, 2011, 5:48 am

In this thread was numbered list of states from 1 to 8.
http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7804

edit: Oh, i am newbie with hypnosis. Only started 2 days ago.

I'm propably waving somewhere between 5 and 7. The state is something like i don't feel my arms mainly. Propably losing sense of legs too, maybe sometimes whole body. It is a light feeling. But somehow the 3, outside things like thing my finger is touching may sometimes be felt, or i may quickly pay attention to some outside sound like silent computer humming.

But if i hear hypnotist ask me to try move my arm i totally can always. I can open my eyes and stop anytime i want. ... what i want. Actually i just want to keep listening the voice, but there's another voice in me saying "the induction must have failed on me because i'm still conscious".

Is this deep enough "trance" to adapt even something simple like triggers?

I'm also a bit mixed about positioning. In all cases i turn off all lights, but then i can either sit on computer or make up bed near it on the floor. Would it help alot if i'd buy a portable player and i could go lie to my comfortable bed? But also when i'm sitting i don't have head support, so it's bit hard to relax neck. Can bend head backwards so it can rest a little on the bed back, but then it forces my sitting position lower and it becomes slowly painful on the bottom.

On the otherhand, some of the deepest moments i've had were when i was without head support and sitting naturally. But is it unconscious mind that is spending its effort in balancing it, making it unable to go any deeper? At the moment i feel like i have to go get the portable player...

Is it really the voice that i have to focus on? What if it tells me to pay attention to breathing or my body relaxation, don't they just sway away from the focus? Deep breathing for me is, i think, mainly bad thing for the focus.

Lastly drinks. Yesterday i tried with 1 cider. Maybe it helped, maybe didn't, but its effect wears off rather fast. But then there is another kind of drink i haven't tried on this yet, the energy drinks. Propably not many know, but their real side effect is that your brain will be tuned to focus on just 1 thing. Would you think this is helpful? I know, doesn't hurt to try which i will. Then again, it *might* be putting the focus on conscious mind which hypnosis is trying its best to shut down.
Jadit
Regular
Regular

Postby ocntrl » November 29th, 2011, 3:45 pm

You can be in deep trance and still be aware of everything being said or the world around you.

Next time you hear a hypnotist suggest 'you can not move your arm, just try' think 'yeah, i want that to work, and it will work'... then try and see how well the suggestion works.
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jadit » December 1st, 2011, 6:26 am

I propably made a little progress, firstly with mp3 player and getting comfortable in bed. But i realised that i shouldn't be thinking him/her as hypnotist, but just a person i want to comfortably listen to, and follow his instructions. Not trying to focus, but just listening to him. I want to like and agree what he says, and that way it doesn't feel boring at all.

With that in mind i was able to shake everything from outside, and it became more numbing feeling. I tried to move my leg but it was so stiff it got me surprised. After some time i felt like something is pushing my forehead, some sort of pressure... Partly that put me off guard as i haven't read about such experience here and didn't know if that's supposed to happen. So the small guarding awareness didn't yet let it go as deep as it might have.

Anyways, wether hypnotism itself is working or not, nobody can say that it's not relaxing :P
Jadit
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files