How do you layer files under songs?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

How do you layer files under songs?

Postby Pyke » January 2nd, 2013, 1:34 am

Hey, guys. I'm not sure if this was the correct section to post this, but here goes. I've heard about layering files under songs ( and have heard it can be pretty effective) and that really appeals to me. I don't know how to do it myself, but when I'm at the gym listening to my music, I wish I had files hidden within the music I'm listening to while my mind and body are properly distracted.

If this is a stupid inquery, I apologize in advance.
Pyke

Postby Endo » January 3rd, 2013, 2:55 pm

Get Audacity, it's free.

Import your song(s) as most files are much longer than 3 minutes.
Cut and paste each song end to end so that you have one long line of music.
Import your file(s), remove the induction and awakener, and leave them in the second line.
Lower the volume on the files so that they can still be barely heard, but not so much that they are inaudible.
Export as an MP3, put it on your iPod, and listen.

That's just the process, there are tons of Audacity tutorials that will explain each and every step quite clearly for you.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Pyke » January 6th, 2013, 7:24 pm

Thank you! I've downloaded Audacity and I'm going to play with it until I get the feel of how to layer properly. I truly appreciate your input and I hope that I can achieve my goals more effectively being able to covertly listen to my desired files anytime. You've been a big help, Endo.
Pyke

Postby Endo » January 6th, 2013, 11:45 pm

Not a problem. Actually, your post made me start wondering about this sort of thing, so I removed the induction and awakener on the file I'm listening to right now, and have it looping in iTunes while I surf the web/do other computerey things.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Jadit » January 9th, 2013, 4:25 pm

That's funny, i actually just recently added awakener to all my playlists. The goal is to have me learn the rhythm of triggers, body files, and awaking suggestions. I thought, that if i don't have an awakener, no point in time really matters while under hypnosis. It will always be light state of trance where you can wake up whenever you want to. But if you condition yourself so, that you can only wake up when hypnotist tells you to, it might put me under deeper.

And yeah, used Audacity alot to edit/cut mp3 files. It works. You can even remove scratches and all, make old files better again.
Jadit
Regular
Regular

Postby joecomp2000 » January 10th, 2013, 2:31 pm

interesting subject..
Audacity is one of the best programs out there for this type of work ...especially it 's portability to other OS ( it is everywhere!!! linux , mac windows...where ever).

that being said I have worked on the idea of trancing while on a treadmill, stationary bike , elliptical...and never really got it working... I was thinking that the trance could blot out the tedium of the Aerobic work ... to focus on a better anaerobic work out.. ( I am more interested in Weightlifting and bodybuilding , but you have to do your aerobics!!)

any how I posted the 2nd generation robot bodybuilder file ,the second iterations the goal was to trance while on treadmill and pan a better next day... it was never working right for me , but feel free to grab the text and mix it down and see if you can get it going with some background music...

let me know how far you get
Joe
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » January 10th, 2013, 4:07 pm

I tried listening to some files while working out, and it made my workout seem to take longer.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby joecomp2000 » January 11th, 2013, 2:22 pm

yeah I know what you mean .,... the drone of the tread mill I was hoping to amplify.. like the driving hypnosis..

just get in to that frame of mind and keep it going.. I don't think meditation music would help... what are you thinking maybe some binaurals?
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files