Is amnesia unresistable?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Is amnesia unresistable?

Postby Foxfuz » December 18th, 2012, 4:19 pm

So say you have listened to a file such as the trigwhore file. It is a success and you become a whore and after triggered back to normal you forget your time as a whore.

I know triggers can be resisted in odd situations but what if your supposed to forget you were ever triggered in the first place. Would you know you would have to forget at the end and resist it all together or would you feel so naturally obligated to turn into a whore no matter where you were just because you forget after being untriggered? (like you didn't know it was happening?

Hope that made sense.
Foxfuz
Regular
Regular

Postby Jadit » December 19th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Depends on the mind i guess. Hypnosis files have safety suggestions to prevent unwanted activation. I don't know, but in theory if you would somehow ignore the safeties while listening to hypnotist, or when triggered, then anything could happen. There are some reports here saying things happening to them that they hadn't even listened to, and that they wouldn't want in real life.
Jadit
Regular
Regular

Postby Foxfuz » December 19th, 2012, 9:05 pm

Oh ok, so it really depends. Makes sense.
Foxfuz
Regular
Regular

Postby medea42 » February 19th, 2013, 2:33 pm

Foxfuz wrote:Oh ok, so it really depends. Makes sense.

Yeah - in my case hanging on to memories is a major defense mechanism so amnesia suggestions almost never work.
medea42

"It depends" is right

Postby Calimore » February 19th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Some people who are faced with a reality unacceptable to their paradigm do shift it so that they cannot recall details of their past. A complete loss of these memories usually only occurs in cases of trauma following an life-shattering event.

It's my belief that if a person were completely and totally dissatisfied with their current existence and were given a chance to have a new one then hypnosis could be used to allow that to occur, but we aren't talking convention hypnosis here - we're talking about NLP techniques used over the course of time to convince the subject subconsciously to accept a new more beneficial reality, a super-dramatic hypnotic experience, followed by support suggestions afterward to show the person that accepting their new identity (or lack thereof) is in their benefit on a survival level.

In other words, a lot of extensive work to achieve the desired effect. Not the kind of thing to be done on a whim, especially as the subject would have to then see all the benefits of reverting back should one want to reverse the process.

Fun stuff to talk about but a most serious undertaking. However, if one can convince a stressed and harried subject that forgetting their troubles for a short while might be fun and to their benefit than complete amnesia can be fairly easily achieved but only briefly because it is counter-survival to forget one has a car, home, loving family or paying job for very long.

Good thread - I love thinking about the possibilities afforded us by hypnosis.
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby Alien4420 » June 30th, 2013, 7:17 am

I'm thinking it depends entirely on what the mind wants to do. Amnesia itself is easy, the mind has evolved the ability to flag thoughts as conscious or unconscious/repressed, indeed, that seems to be the most basic purpose of the neural net, which evolved to control the organism's behavior, rather than to analyze. And if you've ever tried consciously to access something that's deeply hidden in the subconscious you know that it's extremely difficult to do so, and that the mind will play every kind of trick to avoid doing so.

So the trick I think is to alter our emotional associations to make the amnesia completely desirable. These feelings are what lead us to repress and unrepress things. In some cases, that's easy, but if we're trying for real change, we'll face conflict. I think it's also hard for those of us who are very analytical and rational, and tend to believe what's objective rather than what makes us feel good (the "thinking" or T types on the Meyers-Briggs).
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Return to Help with Files