Question

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Question

Postby starfey » April 17th, 2006, 4:26 pm

I've seen some hypnosis CD's use both Left & Right speakers in their program, however I am deaf in the right ear.
When I use an MP3 player, I only use the Right ear-piece (I find most music, you get the better deal listening to the right speaker) in my left ear.
Would this cause a problem with listening to files downloaded from here?
starfey

Postby nuit09 » April 17th, 2006, 5:41 pm

I think you would just miss out on the binaural beat ones. and then only the track that has the beats. you see, binaurals work by superimposing to higher frequencies in each ear to get a harmonic frequency lower than most audio equipment can generate. so listening to one side of those you would lose the imposed frequency and get a frequency not intended. but the largest part of hypnosis is not the binaural. the binaural is intended as an aid to lowering the EEG wave to trance levels but it is not necessary for trance; just nice to have. and not all files even have them. you can do without them. given your situation i would avoid binaural files. but usually you have to download the binaurals separately anyway.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » April 18th, 2006, 4:10 am

Also I would like to add, that not many files from here use binaural beats - to my knowledge.
However some files are created with multiple voice layers. I don't know if any files from this site have it, but I know that some of the more technically advanced hypnotists - for instance Paul McKenna make files that use the stereo to have 2 or more voices saying things to you all at the same time. You would miss something with files like that, but if you could convert the signal from stereo to mono, you would still get most of it, I think.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files