concentrating

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

concentrating

Postby jjaimet » June 23rd, 2006, 1:49 am

hey i know your going to say every one is different, but i have a qustion about trances. when i try a file i get the normal don't wanna move and such, but then my mind wonders to things like work, school and such and i tune out the audio. any suggestions.
jjaimet

Postby hypnoslave79 » June 23rd, 2006, 5:02 am

I get that too sometimes when I'm in a 'in-between-state'. As your conscious mind is slipping away you let go control of your thoughts, but you're not yet so deep as to get completely captivated by the hypnotist. This does not mean that the hypnotists suggestions don't get to your subconscious mind (they do) but you probably do want to get tranced a little deeper, to where the hypnotists words become the centre of your world and you may even not remember (all of) it when you wake up again.

I am fairly new to hypnosis (so please, more experienced people correct me if I get it wrong!) but do have some experience in meditation/guided meditation (as subject) and I expect the proces is similar. The 'trick' with meditation to become still is not to forcefully empty your mind or block your thoughts (that is like trying hard to not think about a purple elephant, which makes you think of a purple elephant) but to allow the thoughts to come by without holding on to them or adressing them. You can picture your stray thoughts as clouds passing by; you see them, but don't have to do anything about them. You will notice how the stray thought decrease, untill you realise (or don't realise) they stopped coming.

All this may be a little hard to achieve within the time span of a single file (you may not achieve the deeper trance untill the hypnotist is already telling you to wake up, or not at all if you're worrying if you can achieve the deeper trance before the interesting part is over) so it might be a good idea to listen to some meditative music or a file designed to help you achieve trance (like TrainSusceptable) before you listen to the file of your choice.
hypnoslave79

Postby willh5689 » June 23rd, 2006, 9:45 am

what i like to do is listen to the file during the day and try to focus on emgs voice while doing other things then at night when i relax and do it iam much more focused on his voice
willh5689

Return to Help with Files