trouble downloading files

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

trouble downloading files

Postby kaylatgsunshine » January 16th, 2007, 2:55 am

i have been a member of this site for quite some time, though i realize i havn't been as active on here as i should.

I recently had to format my hard drive and have lost all of the files that i've downloaded. I've been trying over the last couple of days to replace them, but when i download the file what i end up getting is an un-readable file called "modules" and not the mp3. Is there a problem with the site that i'm not aware of, or is it a problem on my end?
kaylatgsunshine

Re: trouble downloading files

Postby EMG » January 16th, 2007, 8:11 am

How are you trying to download them? If you are trying to right click and save as, that will not work. you have to click on the file name and let it start the download that way. Also, some versions of Windows/IE have problems(and there is a bug fix available from Microsoft), which version are you running?

kaylatgsunshine wrote:i have been a member of this site for quite some time, though i realize i havn't been as active on here as i should.

I recently had to format my hard drive and have lost all of the files that i've downloaded. I've been trying over the last couple of days to replace them, but when i download the file what i end up getting is an un-readable file called "modules" and not the mp3. Is there a problem with the site that i'm not aware of, or is it a problem on my end?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby demigraff » January 16th, 2007, 9:24 am

I had the same problem when trying to download the files to listen to on my phone ... I'm told that there is a fix for this bug in desktop versions of IE, but not the Windows Mobile version.
(Although there is a 3rd party program called SPB Pocket Plus which fixes this and a few dozen similarly annoying bugs ... without it I probably wouldn't be able to post here any more, so I'd recommend it strongly to anyone who's trying to use this site from a phone or PDA)
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby boomsmee » January 16th, 2007, 12:30 pm

Try using Firefox instead of IE. Its free and I've never had a problem downloading files on this site with it. You can get it at [url]http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/[/url]
boomsmee
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files