---and now a mere technical question

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

---and now a mere technical question

Postby ROAR » May 9th, 2007, 1:14 am

Sometimes, a file is downloaded with realplayer with a suffix of PHP among others that RP says it can't open and then does a search to find info on the net--and can't.
What do I do to open these?
Another question: I guess my downloads are in a data format in that my CD players can't play them. How do I fix that? My computer is in my office where I can't be comfortable.
As Baba Ram Dass said: you can be anyone this time around
ROAR

Postby You_Robot » May 9th, 2007, 4:50 pm

Hello WMM and hello ROAR

To your first problem:
When you click on the name of the file in your browser, a window pops up and asks you to name the directory to which to save the file. Do the following two things:

a) rename the file from FILENAME.MP3.PHP to FILENAME.MP3

b) just below the name of the file in the window change to "any format" (or something similar, my Windows talks to me in German...)

Then click the "save" button. (After you have chosen the correct directory of course.)

Your second problem seems to be dependent of the software you use to burn CDs. If you just drag the files to your CD-drive and then use the Windows CD-burning assistant, your files will still be in MP3-format. Try to use a burning software and there select the option "burn/make audio CD".

I hope this helped
absence of evidence != evidence of absence
You_Robot

Return to Help with Files