How many trances per day is ok?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

How many trances per day is ok?

Postby Reboot2099 » January 20th, 2009, 12:49 am

Here's my problem: I have some files (3 or 4) i'd like to try but I don't have time to listen to all of them in one trance. I know it should be more efficient to listen to only one file until it works, but what if I want to listen to all of them in different sittings in the same day? Is 3 or 4 trances in a day too much? How long should I wait before going into trance again?

Also, is it more or less effective to listen to the same file lots of times in the same day?

Thanks in advance :)
Reboot2099

Postby Ladon » January 20th, 2009, 9:30 am

I'm not an expert, but it's not like aspirin or nyquil, more won't harm you. Every time you watch TV and catch yourself watching a commercial by accident, that's a trance. That's why you'll often start craving what's on during prime time, since they play so much in the way of food commercials.
Ladon
Mentor
Mentor

Re: How many trances per day is ok?

Postby cardigan » January 20th, 2009, 9:34 am

As long as the different files that you want to listen to don't contradict each other, then you can easily listen to all of them the same day. Going into trance 3 or 4 times a day isn't too much - if you feel you'd like to do that. It's really up to you.

Whether you listen to the same file lots of times during one day - or listen to the file lots of times during many days shouldn't make any difference. As long as you willingly lie down to go to trance and don't treat it like a sour task that you MUST perform, then thing will be fine.

Reboot2099 wrote:Here's my problem: I have some files (3 or 4) i'd like to try but I don't have time to listen to all of them in one trance. I know it should be more efficient to listen to only one file until it works, but what if I want to listen to all of them in different sittings in the same day? Is 3 or 4 trances in a day too much? How long should I wait before going into trance again?

Also, is it more or less effective to listen to the same file lots of times in the same day?

Thanks in advance :)

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby MacGyver » January 20th, 2009, 11:43 am

well myself, after about an hour of trancing, could be one file or 3 20 minute files, i am about done for the day and not able to go any more. for some reason about an hour of listening to files is about as long as i can go. after that, my legs start to itch and the only way to get rid of the itch is to stop listening to files.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby Ladon » January 20th, 2009, 12:32 pm

Good point. So far, I usually only get uncomfortable with being so relaxed, almost like my muscles WANT to move and get my circulation going. I've found that my hands tend to get rather numb, regardless of my position. But it's not like you'll overdose on trance. The worst thing that could happen is you fall asleep or listen to a file you'll regret.
Ladon
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Reboot2099 » January 20th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Well, if you put it that way and compare it to overdose, that question sounded stupid :P But yeah, I wasn't afraid of overdose more than the fact my body or my mind wouldn't let me do it anyway or something, like MacGiver said.

Thanks a lot guys, thanks for the answers!

Oh, and LAdon made me think about something. Everytime my 12 yo niece watches TV, she becomes unaware of everything around her, she s in a trance. Maybe I should try to suggest her to do lots of cleaning the next time she comes over here and watches TV! lol :P j/k
Reboot2099

Postby MacGyver » January 20th, 2009, 2:22 pm

maybe it is good thing i dont have file bodies playin in the background when i fire up the ps2 and pop in a racing game, cause like i totally trance and dont hear anything except the revving engines and screeching tires of the cars in the game. someone could be tryin to have a conversation with me, and well, my body is here but noone is home, LOL.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby Nymphaea » January 20th, 2009, 7:12 pm

Well remember trance has basically the same effect of meditation, I suggest you trance before bed, and for as long as you want to(and can personally stand), then go to sleep. The longer and more trances, the better the sleep, most likely anyways. I remember once only 30 minutes or so before I went to sleep, slept for like 3 hours but felt like I slept a whole night, was awesome :)
Nymphaea
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » January 21st, 2009, 2:04 am

4521 give or take a few.

Doesn't matter - however many you are comfortable with.You enter in and out of trance everyday.Everyone does.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Reboot2099 » January 21st, 2009, 3:48 am

Yeah, now that you guys mention it, I think I m in trance for about 12 hours of my waking day lol Like MacGyver, I enter trances (at work instead of when I play games...very dangerous, cause I m a cook lol! So far so good, though :P)

When I work alone and it s not that busy, I get into a trance (didn t call it that, but it seems to be it) and for me to be aware of someone talking to me, they have to say my name, otherwise I don t ear them (unless they re right beside me and shout in my ears :P) I ve always been like that, always daydreaming or just going blank for a while.
Reboot2099

Postby DKaiser » January 23rd, 2009, 9:33 pm

Reboot2099 wrote:Yeah, now that you guys mention it, I think I m in trance for about 12 hours of my waking day lol Like MacGyver, I enter trances (at work instead of when I play games...very dangerous, cause I m a cook lol! So far so good, though :P)

That's quite common in jobs like cooking or stocking shelves, where after a month or so you're used to what you do, and it becomes unconscious, hence your mind has a tendency to go into trance(as it's really not needed). My coworkers always wondered why I volunteered for the stocking shifts, but it's because I could go into trance there and let the day fly by really fast, as opposed to cashiering where customers would end up waking me up.
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slutinmyhead » July 28th, 2010, 12:35 am

I trance 3-4 times a day, but often like to listen to two files at once, usually one by a male, one by a female.

I'm not sure the way I do it applies, but you can think of trancing as singletasking. We read articles all the time how multitasking is killing our memories and powers of concentration, as well as causing increased stress and anxiety.

I'd say singletasking with trance is the exact opposite. You devote your concentration to one thing and focus. Stress and anxiety are reduced. You can access forgotten memories.

I'd say more often the better, so long as it doesn't interfere with life obligations.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » July 28th, 2010, 12:53 am

Trance is definitely a very healing state of mind to go into. You relax your entire body and you empty out all other thoughts than what you focus on in your trance. All problems of everyday life go away while you are there, and you can recharge your batteries.

So if nothing else it's a great way to get more energy and let go of tiredness. And then of course - you can create positive change to yourself at the same time.

I'd say trance is a win-win thing.
:-)

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files