saving files

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

saving files

Postby curiousguy92 » August 19th, 2009, 4:12 pm

I'm having some issues trying to save files. I have vista and when i click on a file and choose save it tries to save the file in really wierd locations that are unrealated to mp3 files. I can open files and they play fine in itunes, but it only lets me play the file once (unless i set it to loop) and when i leave itunes and go back in the next time the file can't be found.

What I want to know is: How do I save a file so that it goes into itunes and stays there?
curiousguy92
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jayjedi » August 19th, 2009, 8:49 pm

right-click the file name instead of left-clicking it. or if you get a dialog box that asks if you want to open the file or save it, choose the save option, preferably in the folder where your music is stored.
jayjedi
Regular
Regular

Postby curiousguy92 » August 20th, 2009, 11:02 am

The problem is that I don't know what folder my music is saved in. I figured it would be in the itunes folder because all my music is in itunes, but the folder is all add-ons and support. I've tried saving a few files there, but they don't show up in itunes and when i go to the folder through 'my computer' they don't show up there. The only way I can see the files I saved is by trying to save another and then when I'm choosing the location for the new file I can see the old ones.
curiousguy92
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Karp » August 20th, 2009, 10:07 pm

=deleted
Last edited by Karp on March 15th, 2010, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karp

Postby curiousguy92 » August 21st, 2009, 8:45 pm

Alright. It was kind of a hastle (due entirely to vista) and I had to follow a convoluted path but I figured it out. Thank you jayjedi and Karp for your suggestions. :)
curiousguy92
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files