File download question

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

File download question

Postby mikeyshea » January 24th, 2010, 6:53 am

:?: I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this question; if not, my apologies.

I have to access this site on my blackberry. I get a error - "error fetching file" when I try to download any file larger than about 14-15meg. Smaller files do fine. I can dl much larger files from other sites, e.g. esuccubus.com. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Ps: having good results from ecstasy of agony with determined training.
mikeyshea

Postby lexii » January 24th, 2010, 7:23 am

can you download bigger files from other sites?
lexii
Regular
Regular

Postby mikeyshea » January 24th, 2010, 7:34 am

lexii wrote:can you download bigger files from other sites?

Yes. I've downloaded files as large as 35meg from other sites including esuccubus.com, isabella valentine, mzdominica, etc.

This site gives me fits on dl'ing. Sometimes when I select the link it just reloads the page instead of taking me to the file. And, of course, the above-mentioned file fetching error on large files.

Any thoughts? Thanks for the quick reply.
mikeyshea

Postby lexii » January 24th, 2010, 7:55 am

How strange... i have never used a blackberry so im sorry i can't be of more help. Does it have a command prompt?
lexii
Regular
Regular

Postby mikeyshea » January 24th, 2010, 8:05 am

No, can't get to a command prompt so far as I can tell.

Esuccubus uses the same software on its site as wmm and I do fine over there. I really don't think it is a problem on this end with my blackberry since I can make it work on a variety of other sites including sites that use the same system as this one.

I know he's had problems with his hosting and I'm wondering if that may be related.
mikeyshea

Postby lexii » January 24th, 2010, 8:54 am

I am having no problems downloading things, so i don't think it is the site
lexii
Regular
Regular

Postby lexii » January 24th, 2010, 8:57 am

what if you use "link to file" and listen online. Does that work?
lexii
Regular
Regular

Postby mikeyshea » January 24th, 2010, 9:14 am

lexii wrote:what if you use "link to file" and listen online. Does that work?

I'll try that.

I just can't figure it since all other sites work just fine. I'm wondering if its some sort of setting.
mikeyshea

Postby lexii » January 24th, 2010, 10:32 am

did it work?
lexii
Regular
Regular

Postby mikeyshea » January 24th, 2010, 12:36 pm

No, no luck. I've been having difficulty even getting on the site today. And now, no matter what link I choose in the file section, whether name or link to or whatever, it just reloads the page. It has to be a setting that is not compatible with the browser I have to use with this phone.

I just keep coming back to the fact that esuccubus uses the same software as wmm and I work fine over there. That has to mean there is some difference between the two sites that is making this happen.
mikeyshea

Postby EMG » January 24th, 2010, 1:20 pm

We probably use a slightly different download methodology than most of those sites as WMM is designed to force a download rather than let you play the file as music.

Currently, I know it's not very phone friendly, but you aren't the first person to complain, and apparently getting here with a phone is getting more and more common. I have a LONG list of improvements, but support for phones IS on the list.

I'll give it an hour next week, if there's a simple fix I'll implement it.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeyshea » January 24th, 2010, 1:28 pm

Thank you so much for the reply and the info. I feel better knowing this issue is known and being addressed. That way I know I don't have to continue looking for a fix. Thanks so much.

You have an awesome site here. I have so much to learn, but it's coming. I'm working on the agony_of_ecstasy file. Getting mixed results. But the induction on that one really seems to work well for me.

Anyway, I digress. Thanks again for looking at this.
mikeyshea

Postby demigraff » January 24th, 2010, 2:13 pm

I've found that I can't download with my phone, either :( I'm using android - apparently the browser send the file address across to the 'download manager', which is actually a separate app (and doesn't have access to the browser's login cookie) ... so I suspect I'll never be able to get at downloads
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby mikeyshea » January 24th, 2010, 2:31 pm

demigraff wrote:I've found that I can't download with my phone, either :( I'm using android - apparently the browser send the file address across to the 'download manager', which is actually a separate app (and doesn't have access to the browser's login cookie) ... so I suspect I'll never be able to get at downloads

I don't know anything about your phone but if you can dl OpraMini browser (it's free) that is what I've been using. It usually works quite well.
mikeyshea

Return to Help with Files