ADD/ADHD- Some Tips on Trance

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

ADD/ADHD- Some Tips on Trance

Postby crystalrose » June 1st, 2010, 10:36 pm

I know this might be hard, but try to read through this ENTIRE post. It might really help some of you out!!!

I also have ADD, and have found that the best way to really 'firm up' some of the files is to actively NOT try to achieve trance right away.

Although this isn't exactly 'recommended' by most hypnophiles *tee hee*, I set up a couple of play-lists with 1)Inductions/mantras, 2)main files, and 3) additional files, and then listen on repeat while just doing whatever. If trying to listen to something else (game, tv, radio) I will either set my headphone level to just where it won't interfere with whatever else is going on, or if alone have nicer headphones around neck with sound jacked up.

Listening to specific files individually on repeat will probably boost their effect as well.

A good time to actively try trance would be right before bed, and just leave it on while you sleep. Try to get really tired, but not to the point where you will fall asleep immediately. You want to at least be able to stay awake through one 'loop'. Get a good work-out during the afternoon, go dancing, stay up for 36-48 hours straight {you're ADD, even without stimulant meds staying up weird hours is 'normal'}. Then, if you know you will be able to stay awake through at least a couple of files set the volume to saturating but not overwhelming. When you know you are about to fall asleep, set the volume to barely audible and just ride it off into sleep. You can change to speakers 'if possible', but headphones just plain work best for total immersion.

Try to just ignore any thoughts about the files. JUST BE!!! I know this is hard, but SERIOUSLY working on outside meditation techniques and breathing exercises can help with this. It plain helps with the ADD anyways so "Why NOT?".

Then, after a few weeks you can start attempting to 'USE' the files.

My reasoning behind these tips:

-For repeated low level listening: This 'embeds' the file as much as possible into your subconscious memory. People with ADD sometimes have a hard time with this, so the more repetition the better. It is a basic memory trick anyway. For mantras, you can even repeat with the files to give it that extra 'kick'. Think of it like trying to memorize your favorite song. :wink:

-When tired: People are just naturally more suggestive when tired.

-While sleeping: Hitting all levels of subconsciousness, including during the key REM (dream) stage of sleep.
crystalrose

Return to Help with Files