Can someone teach me hypnosis?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Can someone teach me hypnosis?

Postby NullBaby » August 9th, 2011, 10:09 am

I've done a ton of research on the topic of hypnosis, now all I need to know is how to perform it and a test subject. Any tips or websites That I can use? Thanks in advance.
NullBaby

Postby ocntrl » August 13th, 2011, 3:15 am

Just go for it.

Start creating files and post them here.

I have noticed that once I record a file and listen to it myself I have at least a dozen things I notice that can be done better, so that's the basis for the next file.
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jeshi » August 14th, 2011, 12:35 am

If you listen to enough files and read enough scripts you should be able to get a hang of how it works.

It's really nothing that special, it's a psychological trick used to convince people of things they normally wouldn't accept. Whether you're convincing them that a certain idea is true or that a certain action is a good idea.

The easiest method would be to have them close their eyes, then in a soothing voice tell them to relax using various metaphors and comparisons. At some point you can try counting down and telling them that each number will relax them more.

Then try a simple suggestion, like their arm raising or something, then connect it to going deeper, then you can make suggestions.

The real key is saying things and rephrasing things over and over once they're in trance. People listen differently when hypnotized and can completely miss or misunderstand your suggestion unless you talk to them like they're stupid.

"When I snap my fingers you will bark like a dog, it will seem perfectly normal for you to bark like a dog when I snap fingers, because you know that the right thing for you to do is to bark like a dog when you hear the sound of me snapping my fingers."

If you're in a situation where you can interact with them or see their reactions, then you can actually just ask them if they understand or have them repeat it back to you if you want to make sure they get it.

There's lots of other details but that's the basics really. It's important though to be a constant emphasis on the feeling of relaxation and the sound of your voice. Often time amateur hypnotists will make the mistake of putting too much focus on a spiral or suggestion or something. Usually they did try to learn through reading but were under the impression that what put the subject into trance was a spiral or pocket watch or constantly being told to obey.

Otherwise, just read lots of scripts and listen to lots of files by lots of different hypnotists. Watch videos of stage hypnotists and non-stage hypnotists on youtube(but not hypnotherapists, because those ones are boring and they're usually just trying to sell you something.)

It's really not that hard if you understand the concept. For inductions you don't even need a script if you know what you're doing. A good subject is probably also a good hypnotist if they try(unless a hypnotist actively tries to prevent them from knowing how to hypnotize someone, then they will fail at it because they're such a good subject.)

EDIT: Oh yeah! Two more basic tips:
Subjects will only do things they wouldn't normally have an objection to doing. Like, if they were perfectly awake and you said "Bark like a dog" they probably wouldn't be against it, but they wouldn't see reason to do it either. That's where hypnosis can work. But if their reaction was "NO! THAT'S DEMEANING!" then hypnosis wouldn't be very helpful. Although a really skilled hypnotist could slowly change their views so that eventually they wouldn't be against it, but that's unethical(but you [i[]are[/i] on WMM) Subjects can wake themselves up if they see no reason to stay in trance. If they don't follow a suggestion, don't push it. Just move on or you might break the trust that's required for them to even let you trance them, let alone follow your suggestions.

Speak in positives for most of the time. "You will be stuck to your chair" versus "You will not be able to stand up." Negatives can still work but use positives first if you can only pick one.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Re: Can someone teach me hypnosis?

Postby bandler » August 22nd, 2011, 12:04 am

NullBaby wrote:I've done a ton of research on the topic of hypnosis, now all I need to know is how to perform it and a test subject. Any tips or websites That I can use? Thanks in advance.

There are a lot of UTOOB videos that are a waste of time, and a very few that are good.

Richard Nongard (Sp?) is one of the best. Steve G. Jones is another one.

There is a world of difference between hypnotizing someone face to face and making a recording. Pretty much two entirely different skill sets. If you have done 'a ton of research' then you already know what you need to know. Just find a test subject and try an induction out. Reading a progressive relaxation script is the low-risk (low reward too) route.

Try the Dave Elman.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques