Forget someone

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

Forget someone

Postby papotik » June 23rd, 2013, 7:19 am

Hi,
i'm working on myself for move forward, and i realize some people i loved continue to take over my mind, by guessing a possible come back of them in my life, even if i know it is impossible.
So i ask to you, yes you :) if you can do a file for make me, and the other who are in the same case than me, forget someone ?
Is it possible to erase a person of his mind , like in Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind ?
Regards
papotik
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » June 23rd, 2013, 8:28 am

I don't think it's healthy to erase a person's existence from your mind. If a person had that much of an effect on you, it could be damaging for you to completely forget them. It might be possible to EASE your suffering, and in general, that comes with naturally getting over a person. I think that there are some things in life that you shouldn't rely on hypnosis for. I think that the grieving or break-up process is one of those things.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby slutinmyhead » June 23rd, 2013, 5:48 pm

I recently was thinking the same thing... It probably is possible... From what I know about memory, every time you refer back to it, it reconsolidates a little mutated. This is exploited with the Reid method of interrogation, used by police. Fifty percent of the population can easily by tricked with false memories... The trick is not necessarily to try for complete supression, but to subtly twist your memories with each recall to give them less significance. I believe this could be achieved with hypnosis, but there are also plenty of pharmaceutical options for blocking memory reconsolidation. Some of these are currently being used for ptsd and others are experimental. Here are some worth googling... cycloserine/seromycin - used as an antibiotic for tuberculosis, propranol/inderal - used for hypertension, zeta inhibiting protein - way stronger and more risky than the first two and still experimental; anything you recall while on it is permanently erased. Therapy using cycloserine and propranol is usually managed by having patients write a short narrative of the memory while experiencing the effects.

Have fun and play safe ;)
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges