Listening to files while asleep [My email slave experiment]

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

Listening to files while asleep [My email slave experiment]

Postby Helwyr » May 15th, 2013, 4:31 pm

So I've decided to start listening to EMG's Email Slave file while falling asleep (with headphones on) and seeing if it will successfully install the trigger. For this experiment, I will set a playlist to play it as many times as possible over the course of the night. I'm leaving the induction and awakener in because unfortunately, I don't know how to take it out. I will not at any point intentionally listen to the file while conscious, so I do not know the exact details of the file. Because of the description, I know the trigger, but that's about it.

To test how well it works, I'd really appreciate your guys' help. I will put my email on the bottom of this post, and I'd appreciate an email with some simple & tame instructions to start off with, and I'll keep a log on here of how many times I have listened while asleep, and how well it works.

Day 1: For last night, I started the playlist and was already very tired, so EMG's calming voice knocked me right out. I woke up at the end of the eighth play of the file (3 AM), and I remember not moving until the awakener was complete and the file ended, but I don't remember the details of the file. After that, I paused the playlist and accidentally fell back asleep without pressing play again.

Feel free to try me out :]
astralspiritus@gmail.com
Helwyr

Re: Listening to files while asleep [My email slave experime

Postby Tangy » June 16th, 2013, 3:22 am

Helwyr wrote:So I've decided to start listening to EMG's Email Slave file while falling asleep (with headphones on) and seeing if it will successfully install the trigger. For this experiment, I will set a playlist to play it as many times as possible over the course of the night. I'm leaving the induction and awakener in because unfortunately, I don't know how to take it out. I will not at any point intentionally listen to the file while conscious, so I do not know the exact details of the file. Because of the description, I know the trigger, but that's about it.

To test how well it works, I'd really appreciate your guys' help. I will put my email on the bottom of this post, and I'd appreciate an email with some simple & tame instructions to start off with, and I'll keep a log on here of how many times I have listened while asleep, and how well it works.

Day 1: For last night, I started the playlist and was already very tired, so EMG's calming voice knocked me right out. I woke up at the end of the eighth play of the file (3 AM), and I remember not moving until the awakener was complete and the file ended, but I don't remember the details of the file. After that, I paused the playlist and accidentally fell back asleep without pressing play again.

Feel free to try me out :]
astralspiritus@gmail.com

I always listen to files while I am sleep files that I listen too A year ago are manifesting themselves now
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby zerohour » July 9th, 2013, 9:39 pm

oddly enough i have the same effect when listening while sleeping i wake up like an hour or two later, its usually at the end of the file after the awaken-er but because how i sleep i don't know if the file energized me or the sleeping did.
zerohour
Regular
Regular

Postby jester199 » September 20th, 2013, 12:38 am

so files can actually work for you while you sleep?
jester199

Postby Frap » September 20th, 2013, 1:59 am

jester199 wrote:so files can actually work for you while you sleep?

Theoretically yes, tho the results vary from person to person. Your mind is still processing auditory stimuli while asleep and still analyzes it, to some degree, like it would normal sounds heard while awake. So that being the case it's feasible that files listened to while asleep can have an effect.
Frap
Regular
Regular

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges