Trigger change

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

Trigger change

Postby pczelda » July 9th, 2014, 2:48 pm

Anyone know if a file exists that allows the user to change the trigger phrases of other hypnosis files, to equal effect? For instance, suppose they have a lot of files that use "Revert to normal" and don't want the previous ones to lose their effect because they were replaced by the effects of the new file with the same ending trigger phrase.

If this isn't available, can it be created as a self-help free file for anyone's benefit?
pczelda
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » July 9th, 2014, 4:23 pm

This is one of the many unfortunate problems with having LOTS of user-generated content, there will be trigger overlap.

Now, I've always heard that having a single "off" trigger for multiple files didn't affect the efficacy of any of the individual files, it just turns any that are "on" to be "off".

Granted, one does desire to have the most agency in their trigger systems. While I don't believe there are any files that deal with this, I am working on a series called "Noob's First Files". There are a lot of advanced topics that don't have many training files for them, such as time distortion and hallucinations, so the concept of a "Trigger Change" file has been added to the list.

So the answer to the question is "Yes, it CAN be created as a free file, and there is a high chance it will be done within a year or two."
Endo
Guru
Guru

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges