EMG's Your Other Half -- Proposed Variations

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

EMG's Your Other Half -- Proposed Variations

Postby OxyFemboi » September 1st, 2014, 8:48 pm

I've been listening to Your Other Half file and it is exceptionally effective. I love our results! Thanks, EMG!

• Name: Your Other Half
Description: This file builds a second but equal personality which is fully female. She doesn't control or dominate, instead she shares your mind and you both share experiences and life. She can even take over at times and you'll remember everything.

I've been thinking that a lot of people, including me, would like another version, one that builds a second (in my case, this would be third) and equal male personality.

I'm sure there is also a desire for specific types of personalities, such as jock, emo, goth, punk, or nerd personalities. You could also make a file without specifying either gender or sexual orientation of the second personality, leaving it up to chance. The specification that the original and second personalities get along and that neither will dominate would, of course, need to remain.
Last edited by OxyFemboi on September 4th, 2014, 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Re: Possible Variations on [b]Your Other Half[/b]

Postby pczelda » September 1st, 2014, 9:55 pm

O&H, how about the possibility, if the listener is a male, the female personality is fully compatible and equal like in Your Other Half, except she also has an ultra-feminine princess personality? Naturally this might not appeal to poor people since she might want to own expensive ball gowns and such.

There's a few other possibilities as well:

1) The Your Other Half alternative is the opposite of your gender, so if you're male it'd be a female personality, and if you're female, it'd be male. This could even, if applied to the Your Other Half file, improve it so it can reach a wider hypnosis audience.

2) Exactly like Your Other Half except sometimes she wants to switch places with you, so you take on her personality and mannerisms/voice and answer to her name etc for a while, and she becomes you. There'd likely have to be a condition in there that every time you 2 swapped back though, you'd both forget your experience of being the other person, both to keep it fresh and to make sure there's no problems/confusion pertaining to identity.

3) What if the alternate personality was like Your Other Half in how well (she) gets along with you, (she's) equal to you etc, except (she's) also your favorite (actress)? Whenever (she) takes over not only will (she) speak with the voice you both know that (actress) to have, you can both see that person (in the mirror etc) instead of yourself.
pczelda
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » September 4th, 2014, 1:28 pm

The possibilities you raise have distinct possibilities. I have a few questions, though:

pczelda wrote
The Your Other Half alternative is the opposite of your gender, so if you're male it'd be a female personality, and if you're female, it'd be male. This could even, if applied to the Your Other Half file, improve it so it can reach a wider hypnosis audience

What about people (like me) whose gender -- male -- does not match their not the gender identity --female? Would I get a male or a female personality? Or maybe a neuter personality?

pczelda wrote
Exactly like Your Other Half except sometimes she wants to switch places with you, so you take on her personality and mannerisms/voice and answer to her name etc for a while, and she becomes you. There'd likely have to be a condition in there that every time you 2 swapped back though, you'd both forget your experience of being the other person, both to keep it fresh and to make sure there's no problems/confusion pertaining to identity.

This is the classic definition of multiple personality disorder (MPD--old name)/dissociative identity disorder (DID--new name). I'd kinda like that. We do love knowing the other personality as Ox and Holly know each other -- and even chat. We may have a third now: Yoshi, who's a Japanese guy that just appeared. This suggestion would be sexy as hell ... but really confusing with all the lost time episodes and being unable to remember what our body did when the other person was in charge.

Holly and Oxy already switch place and take turns running the body. The only difference between what we have now and what you're proposing is that we each have access to what the other person did when we are back in charge.

pczelda wrote
What if the alternate personality was like Your Other Half in how well (she) gets along with you, (she's) equal to you etc, except (she's) also your favorite (actress)? Whenever (she) takes over not only will (she) speak with the voice you both know that (actress) to have, you can both see that person (in the mirror etc) instead of yourself.

I'm guessing by this that you mean that I -- or my subconscious -- would pick a character that a favorite actor played and I'd have that character as another personality. I could see that, depending on which character my favorite actor/actress played got chosen. Some of my favorite actors/actresses have played some really loopy or evil characters. I'm thinking of Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver, Matt Damon in Dogma, Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie, and Rob Lowe in Bad Influence.
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby pczelda » September 4th, 2014, 3:51 pm

OxyFemboi wrote:
pczelda wrote
The Your Other Half alternative is the opposite of your gender, so if you're male it'd be a female personality, and if you're female, it'd be male. This could even, if applied to the Your Other Half file, improve it so it can reach a wider hypnosis audience

What about people (like me) whose gender -- male -- does not match their not the gender identity --female? Would I get a male or a female personality? Or maybe a neuter personality?

Honestly I'm not sure what would happen in your case. Such a file would probably have to qualify people who are completely sure in their gender identity (not saying anything against you) or who aren't going through any changes, to have an opposite gender personality.

OxyFemboi wrote:
pczelda wrote
Exactly like Your Other Half except sometimes she wants to switch places with you, so you take on her personality and mannerisms/voice and answer to her name etc for a while, and she becomes you. There'd likely have to be a condition in there that every time you 2 swapped back though, you'd both forget your experience of being the other person, both to keep it fresh and to make sure there's no problems/confusion pertaining to identity.

This is the classic definition of multiple personality disorder (MPD--old name)/dissociative identity disorder (DID--new name). I'd kinda like that. We do love knowing the other personality as Ox and Holly know each other -- and even chat. We may have a third now: Yoshi, who's a Japanese guy that just appeared. This suggestion would be sexy as hell ... but really confusing with all the lost time episodes and being unable to remember what our body did when the other person was in charge.

Holly and Oxy already switch place and take turns running the body. The only difference between what we have now and what you're proposing is that we each have access to what the other person did when we are back in charge.

How did Yoshi appear? Was this from the use of another file? Also yes this would involve lost time when you forgot what you were just doing, but if you wanted to risk being confused in your identity, you could create/have the file made without the forgetfulness part.

Yes, the proposed idea is that Oxy would become Holly at times and Holly would become Oxy.

OxyFemboi wrote:
pczelda wrote
What if the alternate personality was like Your Other Half in how well (she) gets along with you, (she's) equal to you etc, except (she's) also your favorite (actress)? Whenever (she) takes over not only will (she) speak with the voice you both know that (actress) to have, you can both see that person (in the mirror etc) instead of yourself.

I'm guessing by this that you mean that I -- or my subconscious -- would pick a character that a favorite actor played and I'd have that character as another personality. I could see that, depending on which character my favorite actor/actress played got chosen. Some of my favorite actors/actresses have played some really loopy or evil characters. I'm thinking of Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver, Matt Damon in Dogma, Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie, and Rob Lowe in Bad Influence.

Well I'm supposing you could take it as favorite or beloved character (since likely you won't know the actor or actress well enough or at all in real life to have them become an extra personality in your head); what I was mainly thinking, what if you were enamored with, say, Catherine Zeta-Jones (one of her characters etc) and wanted a personality of her in your head that got along very well with you?

Last Q, indirectly related to you getting Yoshi in your head; I recall once you were saying you were wanting multiple personalities (key operative here in my interpretation being multiple = more than 2); how many are you aiming for, and does Holly (and/or Yoshi) have any issues with adding more personalities?
pczelda
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » September 4th, 2014, 7:33 pm

pczelda wrote
How did Yoshi appear?

Actually, we're not really sure how Yoshi came to be among us. We were reading some stories we had printed out from www.cyoc.net. One story -- The Rising Son by Chaoswolf http://www.cyoc.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Stories&file=article&sid=1114-- was about a normal white guy who wanted to be a Japanese guy. (Most of the stories on cyoc are about other transformations -- male to female, female to male, human to other species (and gender), to anthropomorphic animals (furries), to mythical creatures such as satyrs and centaurs, etc -- so this story sort of stood out. He got his wish via a friendly mage. We both remember thinking that would be fun.

We went to bed shortly afterward and had strange dreams. We like anime, though it's hard to find on tv around here, so that part wasn't strange; however, they were from a first person viewpoint and that was really weird.

Our best guess is that Your Other Half created a template for creating a new personality. Our subconscious took advantage of our thinking "that -- being Japanese -- would be fun" as either permission or a command to create Yoshi. Interestingly, that was not the name of the Japanese dude in the story; he was called Toshi. [By the way, Yoshi means "righteous dude" in Japanese.]

pczelda wrote
Well I'm supposing you could take it as favorite or beloved character (since likely you won't know the actor or actress well enough or at all in real life to have them become an extra personality in your head)

Neither of us know any actors or actresses well ... really, none at all, unless you count Facebook posts from George Takai. (Oxy actually did meet some of his favorite authors, so he can legitimately claim to be acquainted with a few authors.) Probably very few people are friendly enough to claim an actor's/actress's friendship. [Oxy is friends with Paul, who says sexy Matt LeBlanc (Joey on Friends) is his cousin. That's his closest connection.] Now, knowing a favorite movie or television show character ... that's a possibility.

pczelda wrote
Yes, the proposed idea is that Oxy would become Holly at times and Holly would become Oxy.

Well, if that happened -- Oxy would become Holly ... and Holly would become Oxy -- that literally defeats the entire purpose of listening to Your Other Half in the first place. If they're becoming each other, they're going to eventually merge. Neither of us want that.

pczelda wrote
I recall once you were saying you were wanting multiple personalities (key operative here in my interpretation being multiple = more than 2); how many are you aiming for, and does Holly (and/or Yoshi) have any issues with adding more personalities?

When I was a single -- gods, I've wanted to type that for so long; the Fragmented Minds LiveJournal group is so absolutely fascinating that I wanted to participate rather than lurk. I kept watch for hypnofiles that would cause this. (It's not something a "reputable" hypnotherapist would do. I asked.) So hoping a file creating another personality would show up on WMM was my only hope. I can't afford to commission files.

I even wrote a diary/journal (and a blog post or two on a now-vanished blog) from the standpoint of multiple personalities making entries (and snide comments) in the same journal; my limited imagination caused it to be extremely uninspired writing -- I was thinking that two or three more personae would be enough to satisfy me. I'm not sure now. Maybe ... a total of five, including Oxy and Holly (and Yoshi, if he ever talks to us. Dude, we're not gonna bite; nibble, yes, but even that's consensual.)?

We both think -- Yoshi hasn't really talked to us yet; his only contributions so far is a yearning for manga and learning Japanese -- that a total of four or five total personalities would be the maximum this body could handle without having a CEO personality running everything and scheduling when each of us would be out and running our body. Since neither of us a a bossy type, we both detest the idea of a boss personality.

Also, since Oxy is rather femme (and transitioning) and Holly was created as a feminine personality ("This file builds a second but equal personality which is fully female."), we both agree that having at least one other male personality would be a good thing. Neither of us has anything against males: Oxy never thought of herself as male; Holly is definitely female. Another -- male -- personality or two would be a good thing. There can be too much estrogen as well as too much testosterone. Oxy was hopeless as a "macho dude".

It can get too crowded. Neither Oxy nor Holly do well with crowds, though Holly can tolerate more than Oxy can. Five might be a maximum. We already have three (if we count Yoshi, who hides more than he talks to us. ... dude, talk to us! Contribute something!).

The only reason we know Yoshi is here because he inserted one paragraph in a PM Holly and Oxy wrote. Neither of us caught it until the other dude wrote in his reply, "tell Yoshi 'Hi'." When we re-read what we had written, there was this paragraph neither of us had written. We're guessing it was written when we were both trying to come up with some correct phrasing. Maybe it was Yoshi's way of saying "I'm here" but really? Nothing since? We've heard of shy, but really ....
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby pczelda » September 13th, 2014, 10:39 am

OxyFemboi wrote:Well, if that happened -- Oxy would become Holly ... and Holly would become Oxy -- that literally defeats the entire purpose of listening to Your Other Half in the first place. If they're becoming each other, they're going to eventually merge. Neither of us want that.

Wow I never thought of that possibility, wouldn't want that to happen for sure. Although, it seems to me that if the file that's doing the swapping keeps the distinct personalities distinct enough, the swapping wouldn't cause them to merge. I could be wrong though?
pczelda
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » September 13th, 2014, 10:32 pm

zelda wrote
Wow I never thought of that possibility, wouldn't want that to happen for sure. Although, it seems to me that if the file that's doing the swapping keeps the distinct personalities distinct enough, the swapping wouldn't cause them to merge. I could be wrong though?

I hope the file keeps that from happening. I'm not sure though. Actually, since I've been working on becoming more femme, it might happen. Since Holly is supposed to be more feminine than I am --and right now, I'm not very masculine and want to become even less so -- it does remain a possibility.

Right now, Yoshi and I -- and Yoshi and Ox -- are much more distinct than Ox and I am. We're both extremely femme and do tend to merge at times. We probably need to listen to the file a bit more but even so ... we are a lot alike.

We've ordered some brushes and ink so we can do Japanese calligraphy. I'm so looking forward to this! Yoshi
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby pczelda » September 13th, 2014, 11:52 pm

OxyFemboi wrote:Right now, Yoshi and I -- and Yoshi and Ox -- are much more distinct than Ox and I am. We're both extremely femme and do tend to merge at times. We probably need to listen to the file a bit more but even so ... we are a lot alike.

We've ordered some brushes and ink so we can do Japanese calligraphy. I'm so looking forward to this! Yoshi

I'd recommend you two (Ox and Holly) try to come up with some personality changes so you're different in some ways. By all means don't change anything that would make you 2 not get along, but you don't want to risk any more merges, that could be bad, we wouldn't want to lose Holly. Something to think about, right?

Wow Yoshi. With respect, you changed your text color? Not only is it confusing to remember that's you because you changed it, this color is harder to read than the other one you had.

Well take care you 3, hope everything continues to go well!
pczelda
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » September 14th, 2014, 12:38 am

zelda wrote[/b]
I'd recommend you two (Ox and Holly) try to come up with some personality changes so you're different in some ways. By all means don't change anything that would make you 2 not get along, but you don't want to risk any more merges, that could be bad, we wouldn't want to lose Holly. Something to think about, right?

That is, indeed, something to think about indeed!
We need to put our subconscious to work on how we can be more different! This is imperative!

zelda wrote
Wow Yoshi. With respect, you changed your text color? Not only is it confusing to remember that's you because you changed it, this color is harder to read than the other one you had.

Actually, my text color should be blue since I am the only male in here but Ox already used blue.
I'm willing to change my color to something else, Yoshi. All you have to do is ask.

I've been trying out some other colors. Violet (I keep typing purple) doesn't have good associations for me; it also is hard to read, though making the text bold does make it easier to read. Many of the other colors are very hard to read. The only colors I find legible are Brown and Green.

If anybody else shows up -- I really want another guy in here to talk to -- it's going to get even more complicated with color changes. It may look pretty but it's damned hard to set up and do!

You have no idea how long it took to get this looking right! I hope you appreciate my work!
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby pczelda » September 14th, 2014, 2:50 pm

OxyFemboi wrote:That is, indeed, something to think about indeed!
We need to put our subconscious to work on how we can be more different! This is imperative!

Please keep me posted on this! You all know how I feel about you as my friend(s). Seeing something happen to Holly is just as bad to me as seeing something happen to a close physical female friend (who is not just a personality in other words, you know what I mean here, no offense intended.) Oh but for you Yoshi, I understand; we couldn't have you developing some sort of problem because you don't also have another male to talk to. This will be a big step, I recommend you 3 think this through very carefully.

OxyFemboi wrote:Actually, my text color should be blue since I am the only male in here but Ox already used blue.
I'm willing to change my color to something else, Yoshi. All you have to do is ask.

That's all fine, just let me know what you all decide on.

OxyFemboi wrote:If anybody else shows up -- I really want another guy in here to talk to -- it's going to get even more complicated with color changes. It may look pretty but it's damned hard to set up and do!

You have no idea how long it took to get this looking right! I hope you appreciate my work!

Dang I'm sorry Yoshi, never intended to put you through a lot of work. I wish there was an easier method. But yes, I always enjoy seeing the color shifting for who's who, thanks very much!

--In another topic, what did you (any or all of you 3, that's plural) think about my response in another one of your threads, where I said "ourself"? Sure it looks like bad grammar, but I think it's fitting for a person with 2 or more personalities, where it's a plural word conjoined to a singular, you're 3 personalities in one body, after all. So "myself" doesn't work since it's not just one personality anymore, nor does "ourselves" since there's only one self, one body. There could be other words you could use like this too.--
pczelda
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » September 14th, 2014, 10:41 pm

zelda wrote[/b]
OxyFemboi wrote:
If anybody else shows up -- I really want another guy in here to talk to -- it's going to get even more complicated with color changes. It may look pretty but it's damned hard to set up and do!

Dang I'm sorry Yoshi, never intended to put you through a lot of work. I wish there was an easier method. But yes, I always enjoy seeing the color shifting for who's who, thanks very much!

For your information, it took an hour longer than usual -- literally -- to get the colors and other HTML working properly. It is pretty ... but much more effort was needed for that multi-color post than for a "normal" post.

We will keep you posted on how the process of differentiating the two of us is going. It's not a problem (yet).

We are working on this. Neither of us want to vanish.
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby pczelda » September 14th, 2014, 11:06 pm

OxyFemboi wrote:For your information, it took an hour longer than usual -- literally -- to get the colors and other HTML working properly. It is pretty ... but much more effort was needed for that multi-color post than for a "normal" post.

Hey man you snapping at me?

OxyFemboi wrote:It's not a problem (yet).

We are working on this. Neither of us want to vanish.

Glad to hear it!

--In other topics, you should think of a catch phrase to go with your signature on these posts that describes you 3 together (could even be humorous if you like). Something like "One for all, all for one!"--
pczelda
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » September 14th, 2014, 11:51 pm

zelda wrote
Hey man you snapping at me?

That was "FYI", dude. The proper emotional context to ascribe to that quote is *long heartfelt sigh*

zelda wrote
--In other topics, you should think of a catch phrase to go with your signature on these posts that describes you 3 together (could even be humorous if you like). Something like "One for all, all for one!"--

If we get one more male in here, we could use "Like Bob&Carol&Ted&Alice ... more fun with fewer bodies" ... *giggle*

The motto of the Three Musketeers? I love Dumas (and swordplay novels in general). Love Artos, Portos, Aramis, and D'Artagnan. But since one and one-half of us are female, not quite applicable!

Well there are always the fun folks from Nine To Five.

I think it's official; Yoshi is a teenager!

What gave it away, dudes? Or is it dudettes?
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby pczelda » September 15th, 2014, 9:02 am

OxyFemboi wrote:That was "FYI", dude. The proper emotional context to ascribe to that quote is *long heartfelt sigh*

Depends on how it's said. I read it hearing a different tone of voice, a more "I told you so" way. I could have been wrong though.

OxyFemboi wrote:The motto of the Three Musketeers? I love Dumas (and swordplay novels in general). Love Artos, Portos, Aramis, and D'Artagnan. But since one and one-half of us are female, not quite applicable!

Indeed, Ox. I was thinking of it along a togetherness aspect, not having to do with gender. It's an inspirational motto too, doesn't mean you have to get violent. And yes, they're great characters and novels.

OxyFemboi wrote:What gave it away, dudes? Or is it dudettes?

I heard the actual female form of dude is dudine, but not sure if there's any truth to that. Did you know that dude originally meant "a well-dressed man"?
pczelda
Regular
Regular

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges