A few questions

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

A few questions

Postby Manamo » February 20th, 2006, 7:08 pm

Hello, I have been trying some files for awhile and haven't really tapped into trance yet. Actually, I don't even think I've been close.. I have tried some suggestions and tried "deepening" but nothing seems to help. I have tried listening to some files repeatedly, but no effects.

1. Would an overreactive imagination interfere with trance? I have a pretty vivid imaginations and I fear I might just visualise the effects in my head rather than them actually happening.

2. Is there a certain sitting or laying position I can be in to help accelerate trance?

3. Are there any programs that can help me reach a trance-like state?

Other than these questions are there any tips or suggestions I would find usefull? I know I have the compacity for trance, I just don't know how to reach it. :(
Manamo

Postby Jack » February 20th, 2006, 7:15 pm

1. No.

2. Whichever one you feel most comfortable in. Keep your legs and arms uncrossed, and keep from overlapping any body parts. ex: rest arms and legs at your sides, head on pillow in a prone position.

3. What do you mean "program"? There is at least one computer program that directly has to deal with hypnosis. It's called "Virtual Hypnotist". Also, check out Neuro Programmer v2, and brain wave generator. I'm sure there are others, those are just the three that come to mind at this moment.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Re: A few questions

Postby op_z » February 23rd, 2006, 5:05 pm

Manamo wrote:Hello, I have been trying some files for awhile and haven't really tapped into trance yet. Actually, I don't even think I've been close.. (

You don't think so?
Are you sure?
Or do you know so?
How would you know if you were in a trance?
And how would you know if you weren't?

Maybe since you haven't "really" tapped into trance....
It might be useful to unreally tap into trance
Meaning, listen to the file and just pretend to go into deeply into trance...
Just for practice's sake. Like a dry run.
Listening to the file and using your vivid imagination
to imagine what it would be like if you were going deeply into trance.
And see if that helps.

Op Z
op_z

Postby hailtheprinceofdarkness » February 24th, 2006, 1:04 am

Sometimes it can be hard to know when you are in a trance, but around this website, you can find examples of how people feel when they are in a trance. In truth, to me, i just feel detached and i lose feeling in my limbs.

There is a program... Like Jack said. The virtual hypnotist. It uses text and speech recognition with spirals to pull you deeper into a trance. I hve not personally used it yet. (The file is collecting dust)

Sometimes just a plain spiral will do for an induction.
hailtheprinceofdarkness
Regular
Regular

Postby Manamo » February 26th, 2006, 6:18 am

Alright I've been trying quite a few things lately(Listening to files during, before, and after sleep) and I really haven't made much progress, but I will keep trying.

Some more questions though:

1. Would the volume of the file effect how well it induces trance?

2. If I have reached trance will I still be aware that the file is playing and make out what it's saying?

3. If I have an itch in the middle of the trance inducing section, do I have to start the file all over again?

Thanks in advance.
Manamo

Postby liljonny » February 26th, 2006, 7:58 am

I am no expert , but from what has been said in other posts a trance is drifferent for differant people, and sometimes differant at differant times.

as far as question #2. I have found that at sometimes I know I am in trance and am aware as to what is said and sometimes I don't even know what is being said. It depends on the level of trance.

#3. I would say that you don't need to start over
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby op_z » February 26th, 2006, 8:07 am

Manamo wrote:Alright I've been trying quite a few things lately(Listening to files during, before, and after sleep) and I really haven't made much progress, but I will keep trying.

Some more questions though:

1. Would the volume of the file effect how well it induces trance?

2. If I have reached trance will I still be aware that the file is playing and make out what it's saying?

3. If I have an itch in the middle of the trance inducing section, do I have to start the file all over again?

Thanks in advance.

1. Possibly
2. Probably
3. No
op_z

Postby goldragon_70 » February 26th, 2006, 2:51 pm

1. if very loud, so that it jars you or if so low you realy can hear, then yes, but other wise probably not.
2.usualy
3.no, just consentrate on the file.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » February 26th, 2006, 3:22 pm

You can try saying something in your head to the effect of "That itch will only last a few more seconds, and then it will just fade away."

Or, just let your body scratch it.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis