How long does it take you to get files to work?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

How long does it take you to get files to work?

Postby CuriousG » April 2nd, 2006, 1:16 pm

Excluding files that had no effect or only negligible effects, how many days and how many listens did it take you to get them to work? Give a description of the file's advertised effect and actual effect too, if you would.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Dingus » April 2nd, 2006, 2:31 pm

I've Listened to "The Keyboard Curse" for nearly a year now, and I still havent seen a single result. I have tried dozens of methods to hypnotize myself, including; Strobes, Neuro-Programmer 2 and The BrainWave Generator, and I am still trying. I've almost completely given up hope. and I don't know what else to do, i've never been able to get a single result from using this session, or any other one. Could someone please help me too?

I've tried listening to the file at least 50 times, I'm very dedicated to it
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby nuit09 » April 2nd, 2006, 3:20 pm

Dingus wrote:I've Listened to "The Keyboard Curse" for nearly a year now, and I still havent seen a single result. I have tried dozens of methods to hypnotize myself, including; Strobes, Neuro-Programmer 2 and The BrainWave Generator, and I am still trying. I've almost completely given up hope. and I don't know what else to do, i've never been able to get a single result from using this session, or any other one. Could someone please help me too?

I've tried listening to the file at least 50 times, I'm very dedicated to it
I think i can help. not in person but by offering you a technique that works due to your physiology rather than your psychological ability to induce a trance. Which i assume is your problem. if not, then it may or may not help depending on your reason for not being able to get them to work.

At any rate here it is: slowly breath in for twenty (that's right) twenty counts. hold your breath for 5 counts. breath out for 4 counts. do this for 25 repitions. this is the goal. in reality do it as long as you can stand up to 25. modify the count length of the first only if you cannot manage it at all.
Chances are you will have to strain to actually do the 20 count in drawn breath. having to struggle to achieve it does not mean you cannot do it. the fact that it may be uncomfortable is not an excuse not to do it for 20 counts.

Now while performing this exercise your thoughts should turn to letting go. to going deeper. to inducing a trance. it is helpful therefore to be listening to an induction while performing this breathing exercise.

This exercise will put you in an altered state. there is no escape. you do the exercise you will go under. you do it in the right frame of mind and you will go very very very deep.

The exercise will induce an oxygen debit in your brain. hypoxia. because the indrawn breath has little fresh oxygen in the lungs at any given moment (because it is being drawn in so sloooooooooowly) oxygen absorption by the blood will be much smaller than normal. less oxygen gets to the brain. the brain uses it up at the same rate but there is less available. reserves are depleted. the pause further increases the oxygen debit. the short exhale increases retained CO2. the cycle repeats. soon you are in narcosis. tingly, numbed, high.

when in the main body of the hypnosis you want you can continue the narcosis by doing a few more repitions of the exercise. it is a good idea to do this for portions that need extra depth like having a triger set or attempting to induce waking hallucinations.

I hope this helps.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Dingus » April 2nd, 2006, 6:07 pm

Thank you very much Nuit09 for the help with aiding me with my effort to hypnotize myself. The information you gave me was wonderfully detailed and informational, all be it incredibly hard. And I too hope it helps :D
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby nuit09 » April 2nd, 2006, 6:42 pm

you're welcome.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby manuelo » April 8th, 2006, 1:48 pm

You're also killing brain cells in the process! Lack of oxygen kills cells that can't be replaced. I wouldn't recommend doing this frequently.
manuelo

Postby nuit09 » April 8th, 2006, 2:17 pm

manuelo wrote:You're also killing brain cells in the process! Lack of oxygen kills cells that can't be replaced. I wouldn't recommend doing this frequently.

The count is nothat bad. the 20 count inbreath has a different beat than the hold and exhale. the 20 goes like this: 1234567891011121314151617181920. It's not 1 (one hundred) 2 (one hundred) 3... The hold has a long pause between beats and so does the exhale.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » April 8th, 2006, 2:19 pm

i might add that people have been doing these types of breathing exercise for thousands of years and their objective and results was not brain damage.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby manuelo » April 8th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Getting in the state of numbness etc. is basically cutting off oxygen to your brain, which leads to brain damage, I.E. killing brain cells.
manuelo

Postby nuit09 » April 8th, 2006, 4:24 pm

people routinely hold their breath for around a minute sometimes over in swimming pools. that is a complete lack of oxygen, not a merely reduced oxygen state like i suggested. brain damage begins in about 4 minutes in respiratory failure or a drowning situation barring factors such as hypothermia. Based on this I fail to see a rational basis for your fears of brain damage using this technique.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby manuelo » April 9th, 2006, 9:55 am

TIngly, numb, high, waking hallucinations are all symptoms of brain detrioration my friend, usually, when a swimmer starts seeing things and feeling high he goes up and gets a breath of air.
manuelo

Postby nuit09 » April 9th, 2006, 10:54 am

manuelo wrote:TIngly, numb, high, waking hallucinations are all symptoms of brain detrioration my friend, usually, when a swimmer starts seeing things and feeling high he goes up and gets a breath of air.

I think waking hallucination's being induced is a big goal of hypnosis. i also think that someone holding their breath underwater will get so uncomfortable that they eventually instinctively go up for air long before the point of brain damage. in the same way someone who for whatever reason is depriving themself of oxygen by a voluntary act will cease the activity before it has a chance to cause brain damage. if the breathing technique were to be on the cusp of damaging the subject would by survival instinct alter their breathing pattern back to normal to compensate. in fact, taking a few normal breaths occasionally between cycles of this breathing regime will not detract much from the overall effect.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby RufusTG » April 9th, 2006, 11:46 am

No. Not at all. Some people drown without any water in their lungs because they're succesfully supressing the gasping reflex. There are plenty of stories of people pushing themselves skin diving or distance swiming under water and drowning themselves or passing out underwater without ever coming up.
RufusTG

Postby manuelo » April 9th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Well, all I am saying is tingly sensations or hallucinations (cause by holding your breath, quite similar to drugs as a matter of fact.) are definate signs of brain damage, occuring. Doing this a couple of times will not hurt you but doing it frequently can lead to disorientation etc. Your regimen is fine, but just don't push it to the point where your highness is seperate of a trance.
manuelo

Postby nuit09 » April 9th, 2006, 3:00 pm

RufusTG wrote:No. Not at all. Some people drown without any water in their lungs because they're succesfully supressing the gasping reflex. There are plenty of stories of people pushing themselves skin diving or distance swiming under water and drowning themselves or passing out underwater without ever coming up.

and there are rumors that turkeys will drown from staring up in the rain too. but turkeys are stupid. people are supposed to have more neurons firing in a coordinated manner than barnyard fowl. But who am I to tamper with natural selection by hiding this technique from the gene pool?
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby manuelo » April 9th, 2006, 3:05 pm

You can't drown without water filling the lungs, drowning is defined as doing so.
manuelo

Postby nuit09 » April 9th, 2006, 3:07 pm

manuelo wrote:Well, all I am saying is tingly sensations or hallucinations (cause by holding your breath, quite similar to drugs as a matter of fact.) are definate signs of brain damage, occuring. Doing this a couple of times will not hurt you but doing it frequently can lead to disorientation etc. Your regimen is fine, but just don't push it to the point where your highness is seperate of a trance.

Except that you are not doing the breathing exercise in isolation from trance technique. doesn't it occur to you that the signs of profound trance are numbness or tingling in the extremities, hallucinations etc...? The breathing technique merely facilitates deep trance. the symptoms are not necessarily there because of near asphyxiation. the reduced oxygen flow is not nearly severe enough to result in brain damage. there wouldn't be much of a following of pranayama for thousands of years if it rendered many of it's adherants brain damaged imbeciles.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » April 9th, 2006, 5:18 pm

It took one day to get results on something I did. (See the Success stories forum and find my thread)
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BobbyS » April 17th, 2006, 1:57 pm

You can't drown without water filling the lungs, drowning is defined as doing so.

Well then they suffocated, same difference. They died underwater.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby Dingus » April 17th, 2006, 8:48 pm

Either way, I still can't get any results. I try to do that breathing exercise and I still don’t hallucinate, because after a while I start uncontrollably gasping for air, or breathe too quickly anyway. Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated. :)
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby nuit09 » April 18th, 2006, 1:10 am

Dingus wrote:Either way, I still can't get any results. I try to do that breathing exercise and I still don’t hallucinate, because after a while I start uncontrollably gasping for air, or breathe too quickly anyway. Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated. :)
Hallucination is not a valid criteria for determining whether you have went into trance. Hallucination requires deeper conditioning than merely going into trance. one way to get to the hallucination level is merely to use the file repeatedly over a period of time. hallucination takes a lot of work.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Dingus » April 18th, 2006, 2:34 pm

It's not because I didn't hallucinate that it didn't work, it's that I didn't get any results from the hypnosis file I used.
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby CuriousG » April 18th, 2006, 3:53 pm

Don't expect too much, Dingus. No file is a silver bullet. I suggest you try a less ambitious file than enchantedkeyboardcurse, and preface it with a nice, relaxing induction file.

Just lie or in a place you're comfortable (I personally prefer my bed, in a "corpse" position), and start up some hypnosis files. Close your eyes, keep your breathing slow and steady, (though I disagree with Nuit, I find his method more distracting and suffocating than helpful), and relax. Don't let yourself be distracted by loud noises or anything, just focus on the file. Keep trying it, again and again and again. I've heard that for most people it takes a month of regular listening to fully achieve even minor results.

If you fall asleep, you're too tired. Do it earlier in the day.

If you itch, or have pain, tough luck. You'll just have to hope it doesn't show up too badly or try to ignore it.

Another tip: visualization is key. Think of exactly what you want the result to be. No matter what some people would have you believe, hypnosis is NOT a passive process. You have to make a special effort not to just "tune out" from what EMG is saying.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Dingus » April 27th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Visualization is very hard for me to do CuriousG, which is why I wanted to hallucinate to begin with. I don't fall asleep, or itch (anymore), but I just can't get deep enough into trance to make it effective, I would try a "less ambitious" file, but I cant seem to find one of my liking, or that is of any use to me.

And for some reason I seem to have been able to go deeper better in the summer than through out the rest of the year.

[url=http://www.hypnosisforyou.com/bynum1.html]On the Bynum Scale[/url]

Summertime: 11
Current: 4
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby jun » April 27th, 2006, 5:05 pm

Any file that works will be a stepping stone towards ones you want to work... working...

Or... something.

Even if it's not a file you are interested in, an easy file that works will be a success and that will lead to easier trances, deeper trances, and your brain realizing "Hey, this Hypnosis thing really works." and applying that to more complex files later.

I think, anyway. That's my two cents worth of five-cent advice.
jun
Regular
Regular

Postby Dingus » June 15th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Ok then, does anyone know of any "easier" hypnosis files, like jun mentioned, without them being too... kinky. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Although in my opinion one file should be no harder to use than another.
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby poetzero » June 15th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Dingus,

Might I recommend listening to the TrainSusceptable file. It should help you reach a deeper state of trance and aid you in becoming more suggestable to any other file you use. I started using it a few weeks ago and this file has worked for me exceedingly well. Try it for a while and see what happens.

Should TrainSusceptable work for you, you might try something simple like one of the freeze tests or a robot or slave trigger file. Good luck!

pz
poetzero
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » June 16th, 2006, 12:21 am

I believe trig freeze is one of the easier files to get to work, there are other ones that have worked well for me ( memory improvemnet and muscle growth ) but i guess the trig freeze would show a definate result.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis