fear

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

fear

Postby dsilverman777 » May 29th, 2006, 7:45 pm

hey, i have a bad fear of needles (shots from a docter) any files that could help?
dsilverman777

Postby Jack » May 29th, 2006, 7:51 pm

I have a suggestion: instead of trying to get spoon-fed information, get your hands dirty.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby dsilverman777 » May 29th, 2006, 7:56 pm

or you could serve the purpose of this forum and help me. if you dont have any way to help then just dont talk.
dsilverman777

Postby Blink » May 29th, 2006, 8:41 pm

dsilverman777 wrote:or you could serve the purpose of this forum and help me. if you dont have any way to help then just dont talk.

I have an answer, but you're still going to have to get your hands dirty. :)

I can't think offhand of any file that's going to help. There might be one, but I don't scan the offerings regularly.

What could be very helpful is the NLP phobia cure (AKA the fast phobia cure). To find that, though, you're going to have to go to Google, or find someone who can get to their NLP manuals easier than I can. (FYI, NLP=Neurolinguistic Programming.) For it to work, you're going to have to have a genuine phobia, though. If you just have the normal, run-of-the-mill dread of being poked, you're probably going to need something else.

I'm knee-deep in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy at the moment, in addition to the hypnosis that I'm doing for fun, so the NLP stuff is just on the edge of recall for me. The phobia cure depends on the formula, so you'll want to have it exactly right. Someone who does NLP more routinely can probably tell you exactly where to find it.

BTW, how do you expect to feel about needles when there is no more fear?

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby dsilverman777 » May 29th, 2006, 8:52 pm

dont care as long as i dont freak out. btw its a real phobia, and thanks
dsilverman777

Postby Jack » May 30th, 2006, 5:35 am

dsilverman777 wrote:or you could serve the purpose of this forum and help me. if you dont have any way to help then just dont talk.
You don't consider my response helpful? :(
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby arose » May 30th, 2006, 6:05 am

I haven't seen any files here for that purpose. You'll find that most of the files here are a bit more "recreational" in nature...:) Best of luck....
arose

Postby bobbob700 » May 30th, 2006, 1:28 pm

You could use some subliminal message program... Try out Subliminal Blaster! [url]www.subliminalblaster.com[/url] Make some messages like " I am not afraid of needles"! If this this doesn't work, then make an appointment with your local hypnotist.
bobbob700

Postby Jack » May 30th, 2006, 7:47 pm

*bonk bobbob700* I suggest you change that "I am not afraid of needles." to "I feel calm, and relaxed before, during, and after receiving an injection from a doctor." or something to that effect since the negative form has a high probability of failure.
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » May 30th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Jack wrote:*bonk bobbob700* I suggest you change that "I am not afraid of needles." to "I feel calm, and relaxed before, during, and after receiving an injection from a doctor." or something to that effect since the negative form has a high probability of failure.

I like the original formulation.

"I'm not thrown into paralytic fits of fear by the huge, jagged needles that I can't avoid."
"I don't wet myself anymore when I think of a hypodermic like a sharp piece of pipe jabbing repeatedly into my tender flesh."
"The vibrant, three-D image of buckets and buckets of bright, spurting blood doesn't terrify me nearly as much as it used to. Does it?"

Of course, I'm a sadist.

My own response to needles and syringes is like that of my physician and all the members of his clinical staff: calm and professional. I might be a total crackpot, but you can trust my doc.

-- Blink

'Course, the needles are nuthin'. It's the goddamn Band-Aids you've got to watch out for. Yeow!
Blink
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis