Twitching!

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Twitching!

Postby Yourplaything » May 29th, 2006, 8:35 am

Last night listening to Curse Swimmers Body I felt my arms and legs begin to twitch during trance. Has this happend to anyone else?
Yourplaything

Postby Jack » May 29th, 2006, 9:23 am

That's fine. It's your body releasing stored tension, and moving into an altered state.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Elegant resistance

Postby Blink » May 29th, 2006, 10:38 am

This is an interesting question for me. Maybe someone else with some RT experience can help.

I've got a subject with whom I work RT. She has the most elegant resistance I've seen: she itches.

It's entirely passive (aggressive), but as she begins to relax, she starts having itching sensations that require her attention. I've tried reframing the itching as a sign of increasing relaxation, but they become such an irritant that she can't proceed. When I stop trying to do a trance induction, the itching stops.

At the same time, she can do "waking" arm levitations (so quickly that observers think it's staged) when I do a double-talk induction. If I could successfully bridge between the arm-lev and the utilization, I'd be set. But guess what happens if I try.

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » May 29th, 2006, 7:50 pm

Blink: Try utilizing it as if it were an ideomotor response. Have the itching sensation increase for yes, and decrease for no. Then play 20 questions.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » May 29th, 2006, 8:23 pm

Jack wrote:Blink: Try utilizing it as if it were an ideomotor response. Have the itching sensation increase for yes, and decrease for no. Then play 20 questions.

Hmm.... I'll have to try that. I usually use a pendulum for ideomotor responses 'cause it amplifies motions to the point I can generally see them and it distracts subjects from the process of what's happening. (Instant magic with a zinc washer on a string.)

I had previously tried doing parts work with the itching part with only a very limited response. She's got some OCD traits, and I'm sure I'm banging into her set of subconscious rules.

Thanks for your response, Jack.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » May 30th, 2006, 12:36 am

I get the same - my legs always kick out when i am reaching the deep part of trance - now i know why thanks jack.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis