General trance preperation.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

General trance preperation.

Postby Kendai » June 5th, 2006, 6:37 pm

What stuff in general can be done to help one achive trance? should the body be made tired first? are there exercizes to improve focus that will help keep attention on the hypnotist? anything along those lines at all?
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » June 5th, 2006, 8:28 pm

Reduce stress, increase general sense of well-being, maintain comfortable environment, good physical support(no sitting in chairs with wooden seats), decrease distractions(make sure you're not hungry, feel icky, whatever), a sense of safety in your environment(doors are locked, whatever), etc.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » June 6th, 2006, 12:37 am

Dont take any mind altering substances.
Remove small children and animals from the room.
Have something to focus on.
Turn off your cell phone.
Tell your folks you dont want to be disturbed for an hour or so.
Then just close your eyes.
Let go.
And focus on the sound of my voice.
And, as you focus on the sound of my voice,
concentrate on weight of your feet on the floor..............

Listening to a nice, calm, deep, voice usually helps me zone out, also. xx
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby gregi696 » June 8th, 2006, 4:28 pm

There is some debate on the site about the merit of mind altering substances and hypnosis. :twisted: However it is true, that you should avoid stimulates, such as caffiene, before hypnosis. There is no set procedure for hypnosis, but it is more difficult to be hypnotized using files from this site than to see a real hypnotist. I suggest building a "hypnosis routine" for trancing. For example, pick a spot and try to always use that spot/position. Also, it helps to use the same induction, if you are using differnt files. By establishing a routine you condition yourself to go into trance after these certain things are done. Now that I have one set, I feel my eyes closing as EMG is still introducing the file. Another consideration is to not use hypnosis late at night, you will more likely fall asleep during the file and that is not as effective as the trance state you are trying to achieve.
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis