Brainwashing

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Brainwashing

Postby asdf » April 17th, 2006, 12:20 pm

Has anyone tried advanced brainwashing techniques? There are quite a few good papers on this. After reading up on it, I confirmed with my partner and we tried it. I felt kind of crazy after an hour. The same techniques could be adjusted to include the hypnosis files from this site, with some modifications.

Basically, we took the sensory deprivation route. I sat in a completely dark room with no windows annexed to a closet -- no lights whatsoever, tied up (as is my preference), and had a personal subliminal tape play at different intervals over four wireless surround speakers that we positioned on each side of the room, along with images from an old projector. Eventually, I started losing track of time, the darkness made me feel as if I didn't exist, and my thoughts became muddled and unfocused. The room was small, but it felt like a vast expanse of darkness. At times it felt like I had been there for days.

I was pretty scared. Has anyone tried something similar? I don't know if it's enjoyable or not, but it's effective. It's government certified torture, too! :)
asdf
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » April 18th, 2006, 12:24 am

Ok seems pretty extreme, but the first question i have is did it have an effect on the files you listened too.Did it help and make them work more effectively.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » August 21st, 2006, 3:49 pm

[url=http://www.cesnur.org/2003/brain_conv.htm]You can look here, for a start.[/url] This is one of the links that I didn't post under my flame magnet in another forum.

You can find more material than you'll be able to read in a day by Googling "sensory deprivation," which is the technique the original poster mentioned. If you're sexually adventurous (as the original poster copped to), there is specialized equipment available from some online vendors. I used to have a link around here for a sensory deprivation hood that incorporated full-sized headphones. It was frighteningly expensive, though. There are other, cheaper, though less esthetically pleasing solutions, including earbuds under an ACE bandage.

If you dig up some of the university papers, you'll see how easy it is to get someone "receptive" to new ideas. Whether you'll have any luck making the new material stick is another matter.

If you've got the time and the resources, the Chinese and Koreans have some interesting techniques. Of course, if you're just after the changes, you can always go after the therapy tools. I'm still half-heartedly looking for the papers concerning the crossover between cognitive behavioral therapy and hypnosis.

Good luck with your research, and if you put any of this information to use, post a scene report, OK?

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby porcelain » October 8th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Wow, sounds scary. You must be hardcore dedicated to be cool with that. Even she would have second thoughts about something that intense. Good on you.
porcelain

Return to General Hypnosis