Moderator: EMG

Ears Ringing

Postby korp » September 19th, 2006, 6:54 pm

After listening to 8 files twice a day for six days, my ears seem to be
ringing more intently. Is this OK. If anyone else has had this experience
please comment. Danke :?
korp

Postby NeKofLiP » September 19th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Immedietly, stop. You are listening too frequently too loudly for too long. Keep it up and you might lose hearing completely. Give it a rest until it stops, then try again at a slower pace.
NeKofLiP
Regular
Regular

Postby Capt » September 19th, 2006, 8:11 pm

Have your ears been producing a lot of wax? Its a natural defense mechanism against loud noises, and that would cinch NeKofLiP's diagnosis in my mind.

Anyhow, yeah, stop listening for the time being.
Capt
Regular
Regular

Postby AshTR » September 20th, 2006, 2:14 am

My ears did that after going to a loud rock concert. Turn down the volume of whatever you're using using to play the files. Make it sound like someone talking to you in a regular conversation...not booming loud. If you already have it like that, try cleaning your ears with a q-tip.
AshTR

Re: Ears Ringing

Postby sarnoga » September 20th, 2006, 4:20 am

korp wrote:...my ears seem to be
ringing...

My grandmother always said that if your ears are ringing that means somebody is talking about you.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby Capt » September 20th, 2006, 10:10 am

I listen to the files a little louder than conversation level (not much louder mind you, I do have headphones on) because it helps drown out noises like the ceiling fan running. It sounds like this guy has been listening way too loudly though. The other alternative is that frequent use of headphones for long periods has given him ear infections.
Capt
Regular
Regular

Re: Ears Ringing

Postby homerj1620 » September 20th, 2006, 4:43 pm

korp wrote:After listening to 8 files twice a day for six days, my ears seem to be ringing more intently. Is this OK. If anyone else has had this experience please comment. Danke :?

The volume is too loud. Turn it down or damage your hearing.

If you're trying to drown out noise, either get some noise canceling headphones or some (good) in-ear headphones. Always be careful with headphones -- especially in-ear ones -- as they can quickly damage your hearing.
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

EarsRinging

Postby korp » September 25th, 2006, 9:04 pm

Thanks all for your replies. Guess I was listening too much to begin with. So have not listened now for 10 days.
korp

Postby korp » October 4th, 2006, 10:15 pm

RE: Ears ringing. Well went to Dr last week, no wax in my ears. Re headphones, do not have any so just listen from computer speakers. Re: too load; well, did have the volume up somewhat on thursday two weeks ago, because of traffic here. The suggestibility file...
TIST talking directly to S/C mind and the two deepening files are good.
ALSO; has anyone experienced a slight stiffness up the back of the neck, the back of the head:...A sensation across the forehead and top of the head; ...A sensation about the back of the head.:.....And..a...sensation
from the top of the head into the centre of the head....And lastly....a
sensation like veil encompassing the head.????This has taken place slowly and gradually with me, and once didn,t hear the third last part of the file, and then became conscious, all was blank, I became aware of no more voice, and opened my eyes. Felt good. It was later that night, woke up from deep sleep, ears ringing, and hearing myself say I wanted my S/C mind to be controlled, needed it, So right now. listening to one file every other day..induction, and seem to be OK with ears. Thanks..
everyone....Korp
korp

Postby Blink » October 5th, 2006, 6:00 am

There are lots of posible causes of tinnitus, ringing of the ears. Some over-the-counter pain relievers can do it. Acetaminophen (Tyleol) makes my ears ring. You might only be noticing it when you listen to the files.

On the upside, you've got your own small temple bell calling you to relax and meditate and it goes wherever you do and doesn't bother anybody else. How cool is that? :)

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby pengy » October 18th, 2006, 10:00 pm

i do understand a little bit about what you mean, after waking up i would feel um off balance? i guess or like my head is swirling and my eyes are cloudy and my neck would be stiff and my stomach would feel weird. but a while ago i stopped listening for no reason. im not sure why. and im not very compelled to start listening again. its weird.
pengy

Return to General Hypnosis