One Second Induction!!

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

One Second Induction!!

Postby danmalara » April 13th, 2005, 7:36 pm

This quick induction was preformed be Barry Jones. He is a stage hypnotist, and this is his site [url]http://www.barryjones.com/[/url]. I attened one of his shows, and it was very funny.
This is how the induction went. He started by asking the audiance if anyone has been hypnotized before, and 2 other people raised there hands and got up on stage. He asked them a few questions and then said that he was going to put them in a trance in only one second. He took the first guy's hand gave it a powerful wave, and pushed him over with his other hand. He then repeated it with the girl sitting next to him. If you're wondering what I mean by "powerful wave," it was like if you took a slinky that was streched out on the floor and gave it a wave to the side, and it makes S-Waves (to use earthquake voaculary).
The reason I think that it worked was because he knew that when he picked the people that have already been hypnotized, that they were highly suggestable. The subjects on stage also knew that it was very possible to achive a trance, and if there was anyone could for sure do it, it was going to be a professional. So, the moral of the story is, if you think in you're head, that hypnosis works, it will! Being in the presence of a professional hypnotist, increases that thought in your mind, which is why stage hypnotists are able to get most people in a trance.

P.S. If anyone has any questions about the performance, just ask.
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

in reply...

Postby getpumped87 » April 13th, 2005, 9:50 pm

i got a book somewhere, dunno where so I won't obsess, but I guess its called the bulldog effect and can be dangerous.....yes? lol i dunno
getpumped87
Regular
Regular

Postby danmalara » April 13th, 2005, 10:26 pm

I've never heard about the "bulldog effect." Do tell where I could find more info on it.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby drowsydawg » April 17th, 2005, 4:10 pm

I've never heard it called the "bulldog effect", but yeah, the "shock induction" sort of thing can prevent the subject from trusting you enough to go very deep (and after the first time it's used, they may not respond to it in the future and be harder to hypnotize in general.)

My 'tist used a shock induction the first time with me, after a bit of misdirection with some soft talk and candles. While it did work, I think I would be pretty wary during an induction now, waiting for him to grab my arm again. (He's put me back under with a trigger ever since that first time.)
drowsydawg
Regular
Regular

Postby Crazy_Eddy » April 18th, 2005, 9:23 am

Thats probably the basic idea though. If you have a trigger, they only need the shock induction once.

Its like breaking into a house, once you've stolen the key you never need to break in again...

(Yes, Unless they change the locks...)
Crazy_Eddy
Regular
Regular

Postby drowsydawg » April 21st, 2005, 11:08 am

Or after some time goes by and the trigger fades. I met with my hypnotist this past Monday after not seeing him for about 6 months. The trigger no longer worked. However, he has one of those brainwave synchronizer machines with the binaural audio and flashing LED goggles, and hearing his voice during the program did get me back into trance.... deeper, I think, than I'd previously been. I wasn't really expecting to get into trance, so I wasn't wary of a shock induction.
drowsydawg
Regular
Regular

profesional hypnotist

Postby starlight » April 24th, 2005, 4:39 am

hey was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on seeing a profesional hypnotist at an affordablke cost

Starlight
starlight

Postby danmalara » April 24th, 2005, 6:41 pm

Have you tried the yeallow pages yet??
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » April 24th, 2005, 8:24 pm

Make an effort by calling one and talking to them about your situation, you never know what may happen when you just ask for what you need.
Jack
Guru
Guru

pro

Postby starlight » May 6th, 2005, 5:14 am

i have looked in the yellow pages there is just so many listed and im not sure what to say when i ring themany advice would ber gratefully recived
starlight

Postby Jack » May 6th, 2005, 5:40 am

Is it okay for you to tell us what you want to see a hypnotist for? If so, please do, for this will allow more accurate advice.
Jack
Guru
Guru

hi

Postby starlight » May 7th, 2005, 7:34 pm

i want to see if i can be put under as i have no luck with these file
starlight

Return to General Hypnosis