Can any file be self-triggerable?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Can any file be self-triggerable?

Postby nudeman » August 24th, 2006, 5:16 pm

:?:
I am a single male and have enjoyed many of the files on this site. My question is: Can any file be self-triggered? I do not have a partner (local or cyber) and so must be self-reliant. I noticed that only a few files are marked "self-triggerable". If I am sincere and can send myself E-mail under a fake name, for example, is there any reason why the "E-mail slave" trigger would not be self-triggerable?
nudeman

Postby Jack » August 24th, 2006, 6:15 pm

If not, you can always edit the files to be self-triggerable. If I remember correctly the files that say they're not self-triggerable have suggestions specific to that function. ex: "You can trigger the effect, and you are unable to turn off the effect."
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby sarnoga » August 24th, 2006, 6:20 pm

If you don't have anyone to send you email the file EnchantedKeyboardCurse might be more appropriate. If that worked for you whatever you typed would be true for you if you finished it with "The End" and you would not have to fool around sending yourself email.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby Patch_Winter » August 24th, 2006, 8:39 pm

I'm not absolutely sure, but you could record yourself speaking the trigger, and speaking the cancellation phrase (if there is one). I don't think that would technically count as self-triggering, considering you yourself are not saying the giving phrase as you're triggering.
Patch_Winter
Regular
Regular

Postby willingsub » August 25th, 2006, 3:28 am

There is also a file in there specifically designed to make the triggers of all other files self-triggerable (and only self-triggerable). It's called TrigSafe.

Make sure that file doesn't provide too much safety though. It also protects you from public humiliation, so if you're actually into that, this may not be the file for you.
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Recording triggers to yourself

Postby MegaMaster » November 23rd, 2006, 6:27 pm

It would be possible to record triggers to yourself. Then play them back. It would be the next best thing to triggering Yourself. L ike for example say i wanted to Trigger myself. All i would have to do is either start up an audio editing program on my Computer and Record myself saying the trigger or triggers. Or i could use a Digital Recorder or a Cassette Tape Player. I guess you get the idea here. Then you could play the Recording back to Yourself or set it up on a Timer or whatever to play back to you.
MegaMaster

Return to General Hypnosis