stop eating curse?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

stop eating curse?

Postby Mydeathwish » April 6th, 2007, 1:56 am

im new as you can probably guess, so please bear with me. I probably dont really need to explain myself but there's no harm in it.

Ive been looking at hypnosis for a few years and have tried a few tapes that i bought. Anyway im looking for a hypnosis that will stop me eating for 24 hours etc, maybe a curse? i know there are alot of weight loss one's around because it is something people are obsessed about especially me.

I used to have anorexia, but now i have EDNOS. People ive asked before when looking for this hypnosis think im crazy and ask why would anyone want to be anorexic.. Since ive stopped starving myself and have started going on binge and fasting cycles my body hate's me even more.

So i guess im wondering if there is anyone who can help me, i need something that is free (if you havnt already tried it's hard to buy things online when you're only 15 ) and you can d/l off the internet.
Last edited by Mydeathwish on April 11th, 2007, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mydeathwish

Postby adriana » April 6th, 2007, 2:45 am

Sorry sweetheart but you need to be 18 to be on this site. Also I don't think you will find a file like that here as it could be very dangerous. I guess asking you to try counselling would not do any good but its the only suggestion I have.. :(
adriana
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » April 6th, 2007, 5:12 am

How long are you gonna use this as a way of trying to get attention?

You can put your energy into doing something more constructive.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby plum » April 7th, 2007, 1:32 am

Mydeathwish, sorry to hear about your eating disorder. I don't know if hypnosis is the right kind of help for you -- maybe it is, I just don't know. Anyway, the problem is I don't think we have any of those kind of files on this site. I really do hope you get the help you need. Keep searching and you'll find it.
plum
Regular
Regular

Postby Lissar » April 7th, 2007, 7:55 am

I'm also sorry to hear that you've had struggles with food. As another young female, I've also had struggles with food and weight management (although I would like to point out that almost all women struggle with body image, as well as many men, thanks to ridiculous cultural expectations).

First of all, adriana is right: You have to be at least 18 (or 21, depending on where you live) to be here. While you may feel you're mature enough to be here, EMG could get in serious trouble, and then no more site (aww).

Second of all, my mother has the same sort of disorder that you have now, which is that she fasts or hardly eats anything (except salad and fat-free cottage cheese and Diet Coke) all day, but then she'll buy a bag of candy and eat the whole thing. She also exercises all the time, and so she looks practically skeletal. I love my mother, and I wish that I could help her be healthier (even though she insists that she's fine).

The treatment for this disorder, though, is not fasting. I'm Jewish, and once a year, I have to fast for 25 hours (no food, no water, no toothpaste even, so I tend to avoid people). I haaaate it. My body hates it. It's not normal, and so I feel unwell all day. I know it's different in the case of an eating disorder, where there can be satisfaction in controlling yourself enough not to eat, but I'm doing the same thing to my body, although temporarily.

The best thing to do would be to seek therapy. Therapy is for normal people, not "crazies" or anything ridiculous like that. Find out what is causing you to feel such a need to control what you eat. That way, you can address the underlying problem, and then treating the disorder itself becomes easier.

In terms of curing binge eating: DON'T FAST. Have three SUBSTANTIAL meals a day. I'm not saying to eat a steak for lunch. I'm saying to have a REAL meal three times a day, not just a small salad for lunch or dinner, or a single piece of toast for breakfast. That way, your body has something to digest during the day, so when the next meal rolls around, you're hungry enough to eat it, but not so hungry that you have to binge eat.

Hypnosis to make you stop eating is very, very unhealthy. People eat. Skinny-ass supermodels (who do not resemble real people) eat. The key is eating healthy.
Lissar
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » April 9th, 2007, 12:00 am

If you do stop or slow down the amount of food you eat then that also changes your bodies metabolic rate. It slows it down so that when you do eat, any food you do eat is not used up as much and will actually make you put on weight a lot faster than when you are eating normally.

As lissar says three good meals a day will keep your metabolic rate high and burns up any food you eat faster.

It's one of the problems with all these diet's and things you see on TV or in magazines.People think the less you eat the less you weigh. WRONG.

Your body needs to be constantly fed so that is can infact keep your body weight at a healthy level ( which includes burning up the energy faster. )

Instead of worrying about it you can eat three meals a day and join some sports clubs, keep fit,make new friends , improve your life and look healthy the natural way,and feel great doing it.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis