Constructive Criticism

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Constructive Criticism

Postby BobbyS » April 17th, 2007, 12:52 pm

First off, can I just say this is not an attack on EMG or the site as he does a fantastic job of supplying people with free hypnosis-related material. Secondly, now more people are contributing, I'm guessing this will be a diminishing issue, but...

Does anyone without a submissive personality find that EMG's files just don't do it for them? Personally, I've narrowed it down to two factors: one there is a lot of emphasis on obedience ("nice, relaxed and obedient"), which is fine for submissives, but I view hypnosis as 'tist and 'tee working together rather than subject "obeying" 'tist.
Secondly, I tend to find the inductions to be far too short. There have been time during the inductions when I have felt a mild trance sink in, but by then, EMG's reached one on the countdown and I'm not deep enough for the suggestions. Might I suggest more emphasis on progressive relaxation, building a momentum of focus on the 'tist's voice and possibly even a second countdown of 3 to 1 after the initial 10 to 1 with a goal of something like a mental image of a bed at 1?

Once, again, not a dig at EMG, because the stuff he's done on this site is awesome and I am grateful, but maybe some possible ideas?

Anyone agree?
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » April 17th, 2007, 1:24 pm

I can't speak for anyone but myself (in the role of hypnotist) and feedback I've received from subjects who've contacted me.
    - I've received requests to make my material more erotic.

- I've received requests to add suggestions for slavery & submission.

- I've received feedback that a nickname I use has a negative connotation (MusclePig).

- I've received feedback that I move from deepener (stage) to suggestions (stage) too quickly.
Of these items, only the last one gives an opportunity to learn and grow. And it's the one I'm focusing on.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Re: Constructive Criticism

Postby can_of_hypno » April 17th, 2007, 9:55 pm

BobbyS wrote:First off, can I just say this is not an attack on EMG or the site as he does a fantastic job of supplying people with free hypnosis-related material. Secondly, now more people are contributing, I'm guessing this will be a diminishing issue, but...

Does anyone without a submissive personality find that EMG's files just don't do it for them? Personally, I've narrowed it down to two factors: one there is a lot of emphasis on obedience ("nice, relaxed and obedient"), which is fine for submissives, but I view hypnosis as 'tist and 'tee working together rather than subject "obeying" 'tist.
Secondly, I tend to find the inductions to be far too short. There have been time during the inductions when I have felt a mild trance sink in, but by then, EMG's reached one on the countdown and I'm not deep enough for the suggestions. Might I suggest more emphasis on progressive relaxation, building a momentum of focus on the 'tist's voice and possibly even a second countdown of 3 to 1 after the initial 10 to 1 with a goal of something like a mental image of a bed at 1?

Once, again, not a dig at EMG, because the stuff he's done on this site is awesome and I am grateful, but maybe some possible ideas?

Anyone agree?

I agree on the trances being too short, that is why I am adding other inductions to the file, there is one by "Blink" that is about 24 min. I think...
Have not gotten to listen to it yet but it sounds great. Actually I think I am going to listen to it right now..
can_of_hypno

Postby trancebaby » April 18th, 2007, 9:55 am

i agree and disagree sometimes i find long intros take me father from trance but other times they take me deeper , also i used to be a dom type but it was easier to just let go and submit :)XD
trancebaby
Regular
Regular

Postby Jacara » April 18th, 2007, 8:03 pm

I agree that the inductions could be longer, but then, one could just edit in another longer induction from elsewhere on the site.
My problem isn't the obedience stuff (since I have a pretty strong submissive side), but I just don't trust men in general. :oops: So he can relax me, but I don't let myself really go under because of that inherent distrust.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BobbyS » April 19th, 2007, 6:00 am

Just out of curiosity, are you male or female then jacara?
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby Jacara » April 19th, 2007, 7:31 am

I'm really male, but "Jacara" is a female persona I use online.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » April 19th, 2007, 9:53 am

I actually agree, a lot of my files tend to be quite authoritarian, and that works well for submissives but not so well when I'm not doing Dominant files. I may rework my most popular induction and start using it for non Dominant files.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Hypnosis