A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Re: Are Curses ethically correct?

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » October 8th, 2007, 9:45 am

catgirl - I respectfully disagree.

Your point-of-view is intellectual and logical. These are functions of a conscious mind. I won't insult your intelligence by asking you to change your opinion.

There's a subconcious side to this situation, though.

As children, we're conditioned to trade promises of good behaviour now so that we can get something good in the future. And when a child doesn't live up to their promise, there's a penalty. As a result, the concept becomes embedded in the subconcious through repetition and through (non)obedience to authority.

A penalty for curse removal lets a potential listener understand (at a subconscious level) that there is risk. The transformation they desire carries risk that something valued must be forfeited if the situation changes.

Theoretically, the penalty for curse removal does not need to be financial. But the nature of mp3 hypnosis makes it necessary to have a penalty that's uniformly understood by most listeners.

catgirl, thanks for asking. I hope this response will help you understand a hypnotist point of view.

The best to you as you pursue your hypnosis goals.
Last edited by MN_FriendlyGuy on October 8th, 2007, 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby CeeDee » October 8th, 2007, 10:55 am

IMHO the "ethical" thing for both 'tist and subject is for the 'tist to charge a fee for their time and effort for both the "curse" and the "cure". "Tist time is worth something, skill is worth something, websites aren't free, ect.
What I find unethical is taking stuff for free then thinking you are intitled to more free stuff. But then I am wierd anyway..... I say thankyou when I get a free gift and don't assume that I am entitled to further free gifts.
CeeDee

Postby HypnoWraith » October 8th, 2007, 11:41 am

As long as the subject knows in advance that it is a curse, I don't see anything unethical.
Always looking for comments and suggestions on my new Hypno Domination blog, http://hypnodom.blogspot.com !
HypnoWraith
Regular
Regular

Postby CeeDee » October 8th, 2007, 11:46 am

I thought some more about the original question....
I have to take some issue with part of the original premise " A curse file uses the subjects resistance against itself" while true in part, that technique is used in many non-curse files, as is addictiveness ect, so it is hardly an edculsive attribute of curse files. More like it is a reasonably neccesary attribute of generic files to reinforce the repetiveness needed for general files to have4 a reasonable chance of being effective with anybody from the general public that tries them, as opposed to tailored files in personal R/L sessions.
You have every opportunity to prescreen the exact content of almost every file here, and where you might have questions you can ask in the forums or email the listed author with a polite note.
The subject does have control and responsibility of what they put in their own head. And IMHO the subject "ethically" has the responsiility to claim and own that control and responsibility.
A "curse" file is a label for a certain style of presentation of a file, they could just as easily ( and far more often are, in my opinion ) could be called a "blessing". All a name change would change is the theatrics ( and possibly scare off some folks who have been cursed by continual pestering "blessings" and "prayers" by well meaning godly relatives and itinerant self apointed preachers ).
I have to wonder what would be the motivation for wanting a curse removed. Would it be that the file didn't do what it said it would do? Not likely as then it wouldn't need removing. Possibly it did exactly what it said it would do , but the subject who had total control over selecting it , didn't select wisely or do their own due diligence? Well, who's fault is that? Not the "tist's for sure. Maybe it was exactly what the subject wanted and worked well, but other folks in the subjects real life started noticing and started giving the subject grief.. thats not the "Tist's fault.. that's the subjects choice of real life friends and family...
Ethics are , in the final analysis, nonexistant without a full and willing acceptance of one's own responsibility for one's own life.
But then like I said , I got some weird ideas, and unfortunately , as modern society evolves , they appear to seem weirder and weirder to more and more folks ....
CeeDee

Ethics

Postby Melsa » October 8th, 2007, 7:11 pm

Ethics are , in the final analysis, nonexistant without a full and willing acceptance of one's own responsibility for one's own life.
But then like I said , I got some weird ideas, and unfortunately , as modern society evolves , they appear to seem weirder and weirder to more and more folks ....

I concur. Everyone is in control of their own life, and responsible for their own choices. Hypnosis is not a set of chains to bind you to an existence, just a map to show the way. The sooner you accept that and the fact you asked for this map the sooner things will work for you and you wont feel lost.
Melsa
Regular
Regular

Postby gregi696 » October 8th, 2007, 8:27 pm

I'll add my .2 cents to this discussion. Ethics is always a tricky subject to deal with, it is very subjective. For example: Murphy (of Murphy's law fame) stated "It is unethical to allow suckers to keep their money." I believe that the current system of paying for curse removal is an ethical situation. Here's why: 1. People are warned up front about the affects of a file. 2. People are warned up front that they will have to pay to have a specific curse file removed. 3. Someone may not like the effects of a curse after it starts to take effect and may decide that they need to get away from the file. With hypnosis, in most cases, again most cases effects of files will wear off if you stop listening to the file for a period of time.
Curses aren't the only addictive files on the site, training and trigger files also contain addictive bits in them as well. And not to knock hypnosis, but only a small percentage of active users(in the forums) actually attain the level of "success" that the addictive bits of the files would make it near impossible for them to voluntarily stop listening without another file's aid.

Like I said, just my .2 cents.

gregi696
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby hellion0 » October 15th, 2007, 9:45 pm

As someone who has recorded curse files, lemme toss in my $0.02.

The person who downloads the curse should be fully aware of what this file can do. Read the descriptions carefully. Read the script or listen to the file without going into trance first. Be absolutely sure that the contents and suggestions of the curse are something you want to live with and can cope with for possibly the rest of your days.

Caveat emptor. (Buyer beware.)
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."
hellion0
Regular
Regular

Postby maksio5 » October 16th, 2007, 11:01 am

1. you are right if the subject doesn't know he will have to pay to remove the curse
2. all the curses here are clearily described that in order to take them off, you will have to pay or do something, so you are not right in this case
maksio5
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis