What do you think that happens when...?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

What do you think that happens when...?

Postby mokillo » January 17th, 2008, 8:19 am

I had the idea for this poll the other day, surfing trough the files pages. Lets suppose you hear to curse A, during an amount of time, until its fully operational on you.
After that, you decide to listen to another curse B that curiously causes opposite efects to the ones within curse A, totally or in part. Lets assume also that there are no explicit references within any of both files to the another file (unlike what happens with CursePenisGrowth and CursePenisShrink)

What is the outcome of that situation?
mokillo
Regular
Regular

Postby BobbyS » January 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm

Depends on your mindset I guess. If you were to take them at face value, I'd say the oldest would prevail as supposedly nothing but a "cure" file will undo the effects. That said, that claim is a load of bollocks - posthypnotic effects always wear out eventually without reinforcement.

People are different though - I imagine for some the first file would stick and for others the second file would take over.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby Henrique » January 17th, 2008, 1:24 pm

The curse you're most attractive to wins in the end. Note that attractive means by the subconscious mind...
Henrique
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » January 19th, 2008, 6:09 am

two options-

1 - your head explodes

2 - it causes a paradox in the space time continuum and the world vanishes.

3 - Try it. ( please excuse the irony of me only saying two options but i wanted to see if you have three options when only saying two whether my head explodes- it didnt so i guess the world will vanish - Maybe)
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby mokillo » January 20th, 2008, 2:49 pm

So far so good.
Seems that there is a general belief that curses can cure curses (WTF?), kinda like the fish that bites his tail.
Anyway, thanks everyone for all the votes.

whatthe75 wrote:two options-

1 - your head explodes

2 - it causes a paradox in the space time continuum and the world vanishes.

3 - Try it. ( please excuse the irony of me only saying two options but i wanted to see if you have three options when only saying two whether my head explodes- it didnt so i guess the world will vanish - Maybe)

Well, the fourth option was something similar about what you say ("Your mind gets pretty screwed up"), but i forgot to clik Add Option. Maybe next time.

Astronomists, ecologists, politicians and the like say that the world is going to hell anyway in one way or another, so I guess your silogism is right.
mokillo
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis