Hypnosis FAQ

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis FAQ

Postby Fragtagonal » January 21st, 2008, 7:06 am

I think, after being here for a few weeks, that there are a lot of myths and rumblings about hypnosis that are hardly true. I've studied hypnosis for a little while, before this I did a lot of talking with physiotherapists and stuff (If there were any colleges near me that taught hypnotherapy I would probably have my license right now, but i digress) This person Merlin is a really well spoken, smart physiotherapist from a forum I used to visit a lot for help with my self-hypnosis scripts, and she has helped me personally quite a bit. She has a FAQ that enlightened me, and I hope it can be helpful to you guys, remember don't loose hope! If you think it won't work, It won't.
[url]http://s91495364.onlinehome.us/Hypnosisforum/Myhrrhleine/FAQ.htm[/url]
Fragtagonal

Postby whatthe75 » January 23rd, 2008, 5:20 am

Some good points and with some good answers to a lot of questions answered in these forums.

There are a few i dont agree with. ( e.g - the difference between trance and hypnosis and also the difference between NLP and hypnosis).
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Aphrodite » March 8th, 2008, 4:46 am

hello, hello! I was wondering about something too, being pretty new here.
I've been trying some files on this site and even though not all of them seem to work, the trance itself is doing wonders for the chaos in my head :D So kudos for that.

Anyway, what I was wondering about: Hypnosis can basically change a person, depending on whatever therapy, tapes or other means are used with a different (set of?) purpose(s). I was wondering if hypnosis can have negative repercussions on the mind or body? I'm guessing it could, but I just want to make sure. Are there known symptoms or a list of things to look out for?

I haven't been experiencing anything particularly uncomfortable, so don't worry about that, but since I've begun listening to the files on this site, I've become .. well, very hungry :o (that actually works out, since I'm skinny and can't get overweight as of yet anyway)
I just want to know what's up with that ^-^

There was something else I wanted to say, but.. I guess it slipped my mind «.«; *

Cheers! Hope I'm not coming across too dumb >.>

* - I just remembered what it was, is there such a thing as listening to files too much? I want to avoid going crazy on something that might have a bad or awkward effect if listened to too much.
Aphrodite

Postby BobbyS » March 8th, 2008, 5:34 am

Not that I know of - you might be a bit thirsty when you wake up, so just keep a drink of water handy.

Other than that - only really things that would happen if you were awake e.g. stiff limbs from being in the same position for a long time (for some of the longer trances).
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby Aphrodite » March 8th, 2008, 6:58 am

Yes, I've noticed that too, but I made the logic on that myself :)
Alright then, maybe something is coinciding with me listening to the files. Thank you~
Aphrodite

Return to General Hypnosis