Induced Hallucinations

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Induced Hallucinations

Postby Kreigsg55 » March 25th, 2008, 2:03 am

Do you think it would be possible to train your mind through hypnosis to be able to induce hallucinations of your choice?
Kreigsg55

Postby whatthe75 » March 25th, 2008, 2:53 am

Yes
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby busboy » March 25th, 2008, 3:11 am

Very doable . . . both negative (not seeing something that is really there) and positive (seeing something that insn't really there) are well documented in academic research as being creatable with hypnosis. However, keep in mind that hallucinations are among the most difficult effects to accomplish, and that not everybody who trances will be able to achieve them. Even for those that can achieve these effects, the "potency" varies from subject. For example, if the subject is experiencing a positive hallucination of seeing a white rabbit, some subjects reported a full-blown image of a rabbit, while others reported seeing a transparent ghost image, a cloudy shape that was vaguely rabbitlike, an indistinct mass, etc.
So it CAN be done . . . whether or not you personally will be able to either generate hallucinations and how strong they will be can only be determined by trying. As a suggestion, start by trying to replicate some of the less demanding effects to get your mind used to having its sensory system messed with, then build up to hallucinations. It will take more time, but almost definitely is more likely to lead to success.
busboy
Regular
Regular

Postby Kreigsg55 » March 25th, 2008, 3:21 am

Thanks for the replies. :)
Kreigsg55

Postby SDoll » March 25th, 2008, 6:27 pm

busboy wrote:Very doable . . . both negative (not seeing something that is really there).

If someone wants that it could be considered positive. :wink:
SDoll
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » March 26th, 2008, 3:50 am

Lol, it is considered positive but the technical name for it is Negative hallucination.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby thewx » August 10th, 2008, 8:10 am

So how would one recommend creating a hallucination?

For example, let's say I want to write a script that makes me believe I have boobs. I'll say the trigger and feel the boobs, but when I look down, there's nothing there. How would I make myself hallucinate that I see them?
thewx
Regular
Regular

Postby OMGWTFBBQ » August 17th, 2008, 4:20 pm

thewx wrote:So how would one recommend creating a hallucination?

For example, let's say I want to write a script that makes me believe I have boobs. I'll say the trigger and feel the boobs, but when I look down, there's nothing there. How would I make myself hallucinate that I see them?

More trance. Deeper trance. Regular trance. Every day, a bit more trance.

Also, a trance where you're not tested. So go under and have a trance where everything you're told to experience works. If that's trainhorny or something, so be it. Don't keep going into trance with things which don't work. It's like weight training with something you can't lift.
OMGWTFBBQ
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis