Are there techniques to relaxing a lot?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Are there techniques to relaxing a lot?

Postby zetsumei » March 23rd, 2008, 9:31 pm

I'm just starting to use hypnosis for diaper training and I'm wondering if there's a technique to relax totally. I can relax when listening to the files, but I don't think I'm relaxing enough for anything to work. Right now, I have my tv, lights, etc all off with headphones in my ipod so i can't hear any other noise and I can't relax into a deep trance. Also, is it normal for someone to get really nervous when listening to files?
zetsumei

Postby zetsumei » March 27th, 2008, 8:11 am

no one can answer?
zetsumei

Postby hellion0 » March 27th, 2008, 10:00 am

One thing that works for me is to allow my mind to wander while my body relaxes. The whole point of hypnosis is for the instructions to get to your subconscious mind without your conscious one getting in the way. Some people find that relaxing the mind to the point where it kind of shuts down is the thing to do. I prefer letting my mind wander - thinking about anything BUT the hypnosis. It has the same effect - since the mind is distracted, it's not in the way. So at the least, relax the body, and if you can't make the mind relax, make it wander. Trance follows.
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."
hellion0
Regular
Regular

Re: Are there techniques to relaxing a lot?

Postby EMG » March 27th, 2008, 10:29 am

sounds like you've done a good job of eliminating distractions. So, try a variety of inductions and see if any of them work well for you. Should that fail you may need to find a hypnotist to work with to get you used to going into trance. If you can find an induction that works well, replace the induction on the file(s) that you want to use and try again. If you're still nervous then it may be the file in question, practice going into trance until it become natural and try again with the file.

zetsumei wrote:I'm just starting to use hypnosis for diaper training and I'm wondering if there's a technique to relax totally. I can relax when listening to the files, but I don't think I'm relaxing enough for anything to work. Right now, I have my tv, lights, etc all off with headphones in my ipod so i can't hear any other noise and I can't relax into a deep trance. Also, is it normal for someone to get really nervous when listening to files?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nicko » March 31st, 2008, 3:25 pm

hellion0 wrote:One thing that works for me is to allow my mind to wander while my body relaxes. The whole point of hypnosis is for the instructions to get to your subconscious mind without your conscious one getting in the way. Some people find that relaxing the mind to the point where it kind of shuts down is the thing to do. I prefer letting my mind wander - thinking about anything BUT the hypnosis. It has the same effect - since the mind is distracted, it's not in the way. So at the least, relax the body, and if you can't make the mind relax, make it wander. Trance follows.

I've been on and off with files for over a year and yes getting nervous seems kind of normal. Sometimes you just get figitty, or other times your heart beats too fast. Then to the opposite side, sometimes I feel like focusing on what I'm listening too, other times I let my mind wander. And depending on how things strike me I've gone from everywhere from bombardment of thoughts, to day-dreaming, to complete peaceful nothingness.
Nicko

Return to General Hypnosis