need advice.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

need advice.

Postby FrozenRose » April 17th, 2008, 1:46 pm

When I was listening to a file, I picture what is said and do it before I am told to, and it just makes no sense to me, if they tell ya to image and do something, and I do it, then it says okay now take your first step, ummm I already did that, by how you worded what you said before. It's just messed up lol. Any advice, anyone been there before? ETC?
FrozenRose
Regular
Regular

Re: need advice.

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » April 17th, 2008, 2:11 pm

Now you understand why audible cues are commonly used in recordings

I'm going to count from one to three and on the count of three...
For face-to-face hypnosis, visual and physical cues become possible.

In a moment, you'll feel me tap your shoulder. And, when I do...
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby demigraff » April 18th, 2008, 4:36 am

That used to be a problem for me, too. They tell you to imagine yourself walking down a flight of stairs, then a few minutes later to start again.
Or "breathe deeply", then later "take a deep breath in" when I'm just ready to breathe out, breaking the rhythm.

When I'm writing files, I usually try to avoid anything that assumes the subject has (or has not) already done or imagined something.

Although, that said, face-to-face is so much easier to estimate just where your subject is. Can't wait until I've got a cute and innocent victim to corrupt again :P
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby wlimot » April 21st, 2008, 7:41 am

i dont know too much the innocent, but frozenrose is definately cute. an opening demigraff?
wlimot

Postby FrozenRose » April 29th, 2008, 11:41 pm

I am suprised no one has written here with anything to say on topic lol
FrozenRose
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » April 30th, 2008, 8:13 am

The best advice I can offer would be to just let yourself focus on my words, and you might find that when I say "You're probably already imagining what I describe", you'll find that realising I'm right will just make it easier to accept the next thing I say. And then once you have more experience of trance, my suggestions will make it easier to go back to that state without worrying about the words the file uses, or when you are supposed to start imagining what I describe.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby lauramcan » April 30th, 2008, 8:23 am

Wow, I am right there with you demigraff. I do this all the time. I'm a perfectionist and I gotta tell ya....anticipating and taking that step or breathing before they say to, or wanting to breathe faster or slower than the audio is instructing...its freaking annoying haha. Files with instructions such as these just don't really work too well for me. I get too easily frustrated.

Someone want to hypnotize me to not get frustrated while being hypnotized? Good luck, my friends :wink:
lauramcan
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » May 2nd, 2008, 4:36 pm

The one that always bugged me most for this was where they tell you to start counting down (or up), and then after a couple of minutes describing how it feels to count down, while I'm counting in my head, they cut in "One". Every number breaks my concentration, unless they specifically say to anticipate the 'tist saying the next number.

There's a new script that does the counting thing in a completely different way at www.goddesschrystal.com/metadot/index.pl/Files/Countdown - I'm planning to record it as soon as I get home. If anyone else who has this problem could give some comments or criticism, see if maybe the script could be made better before I record it, that would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I reposted the script on the files section here, under the name "count to infinity". I figure that if more people see it, I'm more likely to get a comment or two on how I can do it better.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis