Discovering trance...

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Discovering trance...

Postby Omega333 » November 18th, 2008, 3:36 am

I...have seen and heard about hypnosis here and there but never really felt a need to undergo it. I never really knew I could do it in this manner. I did not think I was the kind of person that could either, for I am a skeptic of everything, though while I tend to find some things hard to believe without proof, I do also have a strong belief in anything being possible under the right conditions.

It all started with my desire to lucid dream. First I discovered vitamin B-6. Then I learned about binaural beats (which lead to some very giddy feelings). Also gave something known as the dream herb a try. All of these had at least some scientific backing. Each proved to have their merits, but also their limitations. I wanted more...

And purely by luck I was shown this site. Why? Because I love catgirls. On another forum I made a topic about them, and a link from here was posted. It was a link designed to turn the listener into a catgirl. This made me giggle that such a thing could happen, and ever curious I decided to give it a listen, even though I had no real intention of truly becoming one.

So I did, and noticed right away that I easily fell into a trance. It was remarkably akin to relaxation exercises I had done in the past to make lucid dreams more likely. Realizing the ease with which I seemed to enter a trancelike state, I searched the site for files I might wish to get more serious with. There were a few that caught my eye, but I settled upon Curse Succubus. I figured I could kill two birds with one stone. I could 1. Have a catgirl finally show up in my dreams (they avoid me for some reason). and 2. Have sexual dreams (mine are usually sci-fi, which is nice, but I would rather sexual dreams be more common for me). I gave the file a good listen and slept, waking with no results. I was not dismayed, as I knew it might take time. So I listened twice the next day. No true results sans a very brief encounter with a person that only fleetingly resembled the one I pictured in the trance. Tonight will be my third night trying and I played a different file specifically for erotic dreams in the hopes that it would help. I have high hopes for success, but if it fails to come, there is always the next night. I am unsure how long a period I should try before I conclude one way or teh other as to the success of the file I have chosen.

There is also one oddity I have noticed when going through the induction. Around when EMG starts counting down from five to one, my eyes start flickering rapidly, similar I think to rapid eye movement. However, I am still fully aware. I poked around a small bit before starting this message and I saw that trances are different for all, but I question if I have truly achieved a full trance. Part of this is because of my relative newness to trances, and also because I retain awareness of my surroundings, if dimmed, and as I mentioned earlier, do feel the numbing of the limbs as they fade away. So I know I at least am part way there, but there is one thing in particular I cannot avoid and that is the sound of my computer being on which I am unable to fully block out. I plan to move the trance files I want to a cd so I can listen in my bed, but for now am restricted to my computer, trying to find a good position.

It remains to be seen if the files I select will truly have the effects I desire, but I have high hopes. I know that the human mind is truly an awesome organ, more complex than just about anything else. I know the subconscious can be quite powerful, and I enjoy the notion that I can affect it (serves it right for denying me catgirls!). I have seen and felt too much to say that trances cannot work, I merely need to know the best ways for them to work their magic on me. Any additional files I should look into would be welcome. On a completely unrelated note, I started this post merely to mention my eyes flickering while going into trance and how odd I felt it was. I regret nothing though and think I will enjoy discovering more and more this world of possibilities.
Omega333

Postby SDoll » November 18th, 2008, 11:29 pm

A word of warning: Be careful what you wish for. :wink:
SDoll
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MacGyver » November 19th, 2008, 11:22 pm

if the sound of the computer running can still be heard, ya might not be focusing. also, i am curious is you use the computers speakers, headphones or earbuds. earbuds would be the best choice. once you can focus, which takes some practice, you will notice the sound of ya computer will fade out and the only thing you will hear is the voice on the file. once you are able to focus, trance comes easy. kinda like the way i run a small fan and try to concentrate on the voice comin through my earbuds, when the voice gets really loud and the sound of the fan fades, i know i am focused on the voice and allow my mind to "go" and then come those wonderful sensations that mean i have achieved trance.

practice makes perfect, stick with it.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis