Questions from a newbie

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Questions from a newbie

Postby abpunkin » February 2nd, 2009, 3:32 am

Hi everybody. I am new to warpmymind. I have a few questions. First of all, I have bipolar and I take meds for it, is it still possible to be hypnotized?

Second, I don't know if I am in a trance. I mean I sort of "zone out" and I am still listening, I feel like I am almost asleep, but not quite. I don't know. I guess only time will tell. Oh and I feel my eyes sort of darting back and forth or up and down...I know...I am weird. LOL

Sometimes I have problems focussing for that long. My mind goes off to other problems in my life, or just stuff in general..anybody have any suggestions.

How many times should I listen to the file before I can expect anything to happen. Can I listen to it too much?

Thanks everybody.
abpunkin
abpunkin

Re: Questions from a newbie

Postby whatthe75 » February 2nd, 2009, 7:12 am

abpunkin wrote:Hi everybody. I am new to warpmymind. I have a few questions. First of all, I have bipolar and I take meds for it, is it still possible to be hypnotized?

Yes.

abpunkin wrote:Second, I don't know if I am in a trance. I mean I sort of "zone out" and I am still listening, I feel like I am almost asleep, but not quite. I don't know. I guess only time will tell. Oh and I feel my eyes sort of darting back and forth or up and down...I know...I am weird. LOL

Sometimes I have problems focussing for that long. My mind goes off to other problems in my life, or just stuff in general..anybody have any suggestions.

These are all perfect examples of trance.Your doing just find,nothing to suggest as you dont need anything else.

abpunkin wrote:How many times should I listen to the file before I can expect anything to happen. Can I listen to it too much?

Depends on what the file is,if your subconcious will accept it,etc etc,there is no guarantee any file or suggestion will work.

A good rule to stick to is to listen from about once a day to about three times a week,BUT that is just a suggestion,there is no evidence that says you can listen to much,but i do think your brian might get sick of it.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis