Trouble with Utilization, Help?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Trouble with Utilization, Help?

Postby clsinwv » April 25th, 2011, 5:51 pm

I have tried off and on for a few years now to try to be hypnotized. My problem seems to be pretty stable, so I thought I'd seek advice. I know a lot of people post about this constantly, but the responses seem to be fine tuned to the particular problem, so I thought I'd post one of my own.

I've tried to use some hypnosis mp3s here, but with little success. I can go under easily, in fact, I practice with ones that just do the induction, deepener, and termination. It is usually an EMG and Cartigan file, though I've switched them up every once and a while, and when I do, I feel tingly, relaxed, and in a deep trance. At first it wasn't very strong, but now I feel it is a solid deep trance that I can get into more quickly.

It's always the utilization phase I have trouble with. I do not take commands at all. Whatever is told of me, it does not stick. I have tried multiple times with multiple files, with no avail. Itchy Left Foot doesn't even do anything.

I did take a command once, though. I used RagDoll file, but when I tried the same file again, I had absolutely no success. I heard that is common, and to keep practicing with induction and deepeners, but I am getting discouraged.

More backstory is that I was actually hypnotized in person before years ago, but I think I had the same problems that I do now: whatever was told, I did not believe. He had us believe that his belt was a snake, but alas, I saw a belt (though I did get scared like the rest, oddly enough).

I understand that trust is a huge issue with this. I don't feel that I don't trust the speaker, in fact, I am a rather trusting individual normally. I am not sure if this is my problem, and if so, how to overcome it.

Is there any advice you can give?
clsinwv

Return to General Hypnosis