Erickson Handshakes

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Erickson Handshakes

Postby Storms » August 22nd, 2011, 8:03 pm

If you haven't heard of an Ericksonian handshake induction, wikipedia and you tube are good sources to see what it's about.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_H._Erickson#Handshake_induction]Link to M.H. Erickson's wiki[/url]

Obviously there must be some potency to this method or it would have been long since passed over and forgotten by all.

I'm wondering if anyone here has been tranced like this? Did you know about the technique before hand? And how did it compare to a good trance with your mp3 player?
Storms
Regular
Regular

Postby Tahaul » September 7th, 2011, 4:28 am

I use a variation of the handshake whenever I do face to face hypnosis, because it is generally faster and easier than a counting induction (though I still deepen with counting). I find it works very well, especially when they are not familiar with it, but are expecting to be hypnotized.

I don't think comparing it to mp3's is a good analog, because face to face hypnosis sessions are inherently different than recorded mp3's, because the 'tist goes at the subject's pace and can modify the session to fit the circumstances, were an mp3 cannot.
Tahaul

Postby cpufreak7 » September 7th, 2011, 10:48 am

A variation of the handshake induction is possible through mp3, you just need to understand how to mix the physical elements in your audio.
cpufreak7

Return to General Hypnosis