Sleep and hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Sleep and hypnosis

Postby fionarogers » April 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if it's okay to fall asleep while listening to a file? Does it mean that you're not listening and so the information isn't going in or is it okay to put something on a loop and just go to sleep and that the information will be going in?

Many thanks
Fiona
fionarogers

Postby Jeshi » April 29th, 2012, 12:38 am

If you listen to a mantra and fall asleep, then the mantra will get stuck in your head and possibly affect your thought process. This can be a nice compliment to hypnosis but it isn't hypnosis.

If you fall asleep while listening to a file then everything in the file after you fell asleep won't work. Hypnosis is about convincing you of the contents of the file. By the end of the file you believe that it is working and you make it work. Falling asleep listening to a hypnosis file is sort of like falling asleep during a class or a business meeting. Yes, you're technically in the room, but you're not going to get anything out of it.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby fionarogers » April 29th, 2012, 4:04 am

Thanks for your response Jeshi, that does make sense. May I also ask about the tracks that contain subliminals, if I fall asleep listening to them will they affect me? (I'm wondering about the Nympho one in particular or the cock sucking ones)

Thanks again
Fiona
fionarogers

Postby Jeshi » April 29th, 2012, 11:15 pm

fionarogers wrote:Thanks for your response Jeshi, that does make sense. May I also ask about the tracks that contain subliminals, if I fall asleep listening to them will they affect me? (I'm wondering about the Nympho one in particular or the cock sucking ones)

Thanks again
Fiona

Subliminals are a weird thing, since nobody can actual agree on what counts as a subliminal, and some kinds do work and others don't and many just have nothing to do with each other.

Generally, if you can actually hear and understand the suggestion in the subliminal, then it will work, sort of. Visual subliminal messages work, but not on a very deep level. What it does is place an idea in your head on the surface level. If a subliminal message that just said "EAT" was flashed on the screen, then whether you noticed it or not you would think about food for a brief moment, maybe making you hungry. That's about as powerful as subliminals get.

When it comes to audio, there are two kinds that work well. One is place in the background of a file and is very quiet, where you only catch the words every so often because they're so quiet under the main vocal track. So it lets them plant ideas in your head without the main vocal track mentioning it yet. So while you're listening to a file you might briefly hear "sex" or "cocks" or something and it briefly makes you think about those things. So then throughout the file it would subtly affect how you're thinking. When you wake up though, the subliminals themselves have no lasting affect, they just added to the experience of the file.

The other kind that works is better described as mantras but is often called "subliminals" anyway. Mantras work the same way catchy commercial jingles do. They get stuck in your head on repeat and so they work to reinforce suggestions. If you fall asleep listening to a mantra like "I am obedient, I am submissive, I want to listen to hypnosis files more often. . ." then you might find that it would get stuck in your head, and then all day those three ideas would be coming up when your thoughts are idle, like a song stuck in your head.

But generally, subliminal messages work best as in the moment suggestions to modify what you're thinking about at that precise moment. Maybe they could affect dreams? I don't know. But they generally don't have much lasting effect, especially not on their own.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby fionarogers » April 30th, 2012, 6:05 am

Thanks for your reply Jeshi, that really helps.

Fiona
fionarogers

Return to General Hypnosis